Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Major Breaking News From NBC

Topgun 30-06

NBC is now reporting the shooter in CT had four handguns on him and they were used to kill all the kids and staff. The authorities have also confirmed the AR had not been fired and was locked in the trunk of his car. Now it will be interesting to see what the coroner has to say after going before the media and stating that all were killed by multiple gunshots from the AR!!! I wondered how long it would take to come up with the real story on this media blitz to blame the AR when camera coverage that afternoon showed the police take that AR from the trunk and unload it. One big question now is whether the coroner and his staff are that incompetent or was he ordered from some higher up to make the statement that the AR was the weapon used! The other is whether this will take the heat off this blitz to ban ARs and large clips holding more than 10 rounds.

Last edited:
Sorry, but they just ran that same video in your link a few minutes ago on my MSNBC homepage and I hadn't seen it before and didn't notice a date on it. I have no idea why and since I have quit watching dang near all the news on the shooting I missed it the first time around. It would seem if that came out on the 15th that the cry for AR and clip bans would have diminished greatly, but I guess the media and politicians firgured not. Thanks for alerting me on that.

I've seen plenty of people called truther and tin foiler when they said there was no rifle used and it was shown in the back of the car. They also say it looks like a shotgun and not an AR.

You can be the judge of that:

http://youtu.be/wLrxSgkqJQc

That sure isn't an AR and does look like a shotgun shell being ejected by the cop! That's a lot better closeup of them at the trunk that I've previously seen.

hmmmm...so where does this take the debate? or is it already a loss to AR fans as the masses all think it is these dangerous "assault" weapons responsible for all this bloody murder.

Confusing to say the least.

The primary weapon used in the attack was a "Bushmaster AR-15 assault-type weapon," said Connecticut State Police Lt. Paul Vance. The rifle is a Bushmaster version of a widely made AR-15, the civilian version of the M-16 rifle used by the U.S. military. The original M-16 patent ran out years ago, and now the AR-15 is manufactured by several gunmakers. Unlike the military version, the AR-15 is a semiautomatic, firing one bullet per squeeze of the trigger. But like the M-16, ammunition is loaded through a magazine. In the school shooting, police say Lanza's rifle used numerous 30-round magazines.

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/world/...-rifle-glock-10-mm-handgun-used#ixzz2GHj0EdfG

It is still amazing how many of the articles on the subject still state that an AR-15 was used in the shootings. Hard to find any that say that it was never used. I just looked on CNN, FoxNews, CBSnews, etc. and really can't find anywhere that any of these news sources have corrected earlier articles written that state that an AR-15 was used in the killings.

That's the whole problem with the media and has been for some time. They all want to be the first out with the news on stuff as it breaks and they will put just about anything on the airwaves to be first. Who knows what the real story is behind this whole mess, but the one fact is that the politicians and antis are going to use it to their advantage no matter what we do!

Still looking for an article saying that an AR-15 wasn't used in the Newtown shooting.

Here's a quote from an article on NBC News from today.
Although Spengler couldn't legally own firearms as a convicted felon, police said he was armed with a Smith & Wesson .38-caliber revolver, a 12-gauge pump shotgun and a Bushmaster .223-caliber rifle, the same kind used in the Newtown, Conn., school massacre in mid-December.

I guess the author of the news article hasn't been told that an AR-15 was not used in the Newtown shooting.

I have not done any web searching, but from the mass media reporting I have heard, a Bushmaster was the primary weapon used. (Per Conneticut State Patrol PIO).

No Bushmaster used is new news to me.

I have not done any web searching, but from the mass media reporting I have heard, a Bushmaster was the primary weapon used. (Per Conneticut State Patrol PIO).

No Bushmaster used is new news to me.

Yup, might be a link to that in this very thread.;)

If they say it enough in the media it becomes true, right? I have seen some of the clips of the coroner talking, and he cannot even keep his own story straight. It is just too bad that they have to use something like this to push their agenda, and if what really happened doesnt fit they will repeat lies enough that people start believing them.

So does this mean the JoseCuervo-types will now abandon their efforts to disarm the "assault weapon" owners in America? The AWB bill being drafted by Feinstein will make any semi-automatic with a detachable magazine categorized as an "assault weapon" and will require registration under the NFA to have any banned guns grandfathered. That means your Browning BAR 30-06 and any semi-auto pistol will have the same legal restrictions as a 50 cal machine gun. The draft also outlaws the sale or trade of grandfathered weapons, so if you do succeed in registration, you can never sell or bequeath your banned weapons. Does your state allow private citizens to own NFA weapons? Not all do.

I've wasted most of the afternoon reading different articles and I'm still not sure what gun(s) were actually used in the shooting. There are several other conflicting facts posted on the subject as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Hook_Elementary_School_shooting

Wikipedia is still saying that the Bushmaster was the primary weapon and the shotgun was found in the trunk. That means it's true right?

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back