Caribou Gear Tarp

Major Breaking News From NBC

If this is true it makes it even sicker. The fact that he would of had to point blank shoot those kids with a pistol is stomach turning. Not that a spree of bullets from an AR is better but man :eek: Pure evil.

I've heard the story on this change multiple times, but all within the first day after the shooting. From that point on, every news article and quote from law enforcement has stated that the AR was used in the shooting and a shotgun was found in the trunk. I have yet to here anyone say that the handguns were used outside of the first 24 hours of reporting. They had the shooter misidentified for the first 6 hours or so, so this isn't surprising to me. Unless someone can find a credible source saying that the handguns were used I'll just have to believe the quotes from the CT State Police.

I've heard the story on this change multiple times, but all within the first day after the shooting. From that point on, every news article and quote from law enforcement has stated that the AR was used in the shooting and a shotgun was found in the trunk. I have yet to here anyone say that the handguns were used outside of the first 24 hours of reporting. They had the shooter misidentified for the first 6 hours or so, so this isn't surprising to me. Unless someone can find a credible source saying that the handguns were used I'll just have to believe the quotes from the CT State Police.

I think this explains it. There was a lot of mis-information the first 48 hours after this shooting.

"The assault on our counsulate in Benghazi was a reaction from an anry mob encited as the result of a film which is critical of Islam and depict Muhammed as a philanderer and a womanizer":. Does any of that sound familiar?

"The assault on our counsulate in Benghazi was a reaction from an anry mob encited as the result of a film which is critical of Islam and depict Muhammed as a philanderer and a womanizer":. Does any of that sound familiar?

I'm wondering if the bipartisan paranoia in this country is at an all time high? Do politicians in this country mislead people? Yes. Do other people in this country mislead people for self-serving purposes? Yes. Is every single discrepency or piece of misinformation a sign of some grand plot/scheme/cover-up? No.

I'm going to stick to the Sandy Hook shooting as that's what this post was about. Multiple sources which I'd deem as credible and unbiased have come out and said there were three weapons on the shooter and the AR-15 was the primary weapon used. If anyone wants to believe that this is a grand cover up involving the CT State Police, the FBI, the coroner, and the anti-gun lobby just so we can get a ban on AR style rifles, be my guest.

"Multiple sources which I'd deem as credible and unbiased have come out and said there were three weapons on the shooter and the AR-15 was the primary weapon used. "

Are those all the same multiple credible and unbiased sources that came out with the initial news that they now say was wrong? The NBC news correspondent in that link above specifically stated that Federal and State Officials had retracted their initial report and were now saying the next day that four handguns were the only weapons used and found in the school. This whole deal stinks as to what actually happened and what was used. The Officials in charge there need to be reinterviewed in front of a live camera and asked to restate the real facts now that two weeks have elapsed since the tragedy!

Last edited:
Are those all the same multiple credible and unbiased sources that came out with the initial news that they now say was wrong?

...feeding frenzy/scoop errors are frequent top gun... IMO, fortifies media culpability theorists. does misinformation driven agend occur?...you bet, both sides. I tend to believe the Ar as primary is accurate in this one though.

No question that the media is culpable a good share of the time for misinformation in their haste to be "First" on the air with breaking news. I don't disagree with you that the AR was taken in and probably was the main weapon used after seeing the closeup video where it looked like a shotgun was being taken from the trunk. I'm just saying that it would be good if the top authorities held a live News Conference to put an end to all this speculation that was caused by all the initial reporting errors that occurred.

Feinsten wouldn't care. Let's face it, that bat chit CCW carrying San Fran looney hypocrit has the least political capital to lose.

Very true and if the NRA can't beat this down with the power they have up in DC to fight it, we are in deep doodoo!!! That's why I've stated that regardless of the negative views that a lot of eople have towards them IMHO they are the only thing that's going to stand between this getting passed or at least being changed to something that we can all live with.

Are those all the same multiple credible and unbiased sources that came out with the initial news that they now say was wrong?

I don't know since those sources are never cited in the NBC story. I tend to wait on the press conferences where it's a lot easier to identify the source of information. Too many news agencies trying to get breaking news from insider information leads to these kind of reporting errors.

TG, IMHO, the NRA is as far right as the wingnuts of the opposite direction. The kind of dough LaPierre knocks down could buy a far better communicator/ambassador.

It is good to be suspicious of the media in the weeks after a tragedy given the rumors floating around, but latching onto a single report that supports our bias and assuming all others must be wrong in spite of the lack of corroborating evidence is, well, oh never mind... :^)

rg

Last edited:
Again I agree with you regarding their way out stance on a lot of things, but what other organization can we turn to that has the clout they do? If you think it isn't going to take everything they have at their disposal and then some I think you and a lot of others are sadly mistaken this time around!

As for the last post, I mentioned before that until I saw this flash up on my homepage and started this thread I hadn't even been watching the news about it because it was so disgusting the way it was covered in the first day or two after it happened.

Last edited:
Does it really matter?

It does to me. When in the past has there been so much hype about the supposed weapons used, but the media or no one for certain can even tell us what gun was in the school or in the trunk of the car. It makes me wonder if powers to be are trying to hide the truth, and that is of concern.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back