Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Levi Strauss CEO takes a side on gun control:

The Nike issue wasn't about gun control so I consider that a little different. Dick's already came out and said their position on guns has hurt their sales and profits.

My only point is "why go there"? What is the real upside for your business? The CEO is unnecessarily rolling dice going down this rabbit hole.

But isn't Dick's different because they were taking a product off their shelves which has a direct effect on their sales. I would argue that Levi's actions are very similar to Nike, in that they are making a political statement in order to boost brand image in the market place.

I totally agree, it annoys me that companies go there... but the market has rewarded such moves so we will continue to see it happen.

Levi alienated me when they redesigned their 501s back in the day. It cost me a lot of money too, because my wife wore them and had to go looking for an alternative. I will likely never forgive them.

I like the way my wife looks in 501s... not sure I see the problem...

I'm more for the Patagonia clothing fit. Besides, my $ goes to... ;)

Levis are double stitched and rub the inside legs while horse riding. I'm a wrangler man, when not in my Patagonia chonies. Wranglers are loving to the inside of mah sexy legs.

I switched to Levi's 511 last year and I can't believe how much more comfortable they are with some stretch*. I guess I'll have to find a new brand now that incorporates spandex.

*I realize real men need tougher jeans but I'm a beta pre-man-bun millennial.

Man I’m really going to alienated when hunting in 527s the next few years. I used to wear wrangler cowboy cut but they just don’t last as long as Levi’s. As far as their political views who couldn’t see it coming they probably have to gain market share. As far as I know they don’t have blingy jeans that all the hipsters where nowadays.

I never understood the need to alienate more than half your customers by pontificating your opinion. How about just shutting your trap and running the company to the best of your ability. Isn’t Levi’s about to go public again? I can’t believe this gun control opinion is a key piece of their marketing plan. If it is, glad to know it as the stock price will likely reflect it.

I'm guessing it's only a portion of their US business that would actually take action on the statements made. Their revenue mix is 55/45% US/ROW respectively. The statement was made in in September and the S-1 was just filed last month. Goldman, JPM and BofA ML have surely determined whether or not the 6 month old statements pose a risk to investors.

I'm guessing it's only a portion of their US business that would actually take action on the statements made. Their revenue mix is 55/45% US/ROW respectively. The statement was made in in September and the S-1 was just filed last month. Goldman, JPM and BofA ML have surely determined whether or not the 6 month old statements pose a risk to investors.
Fair enough. I guess I am old school with my business. I take anyone’s money, provide a good service, and say “thank you”. I get all that done without asking for your political affiliation or requiring you to hear mine. Crazy right?!?

Look, Rabbit!

There are so many things that need attention more than chit like this...its not even funny.

I cant believe that anyone would have the time or desire to boycott a company over things like this and the others mentioned with benchmade, yeti, etc.

If this triggers you, better get a serious grip when you find out how politicians, utility companies, pharmaceutical companies, etc. etc. etc. lobby continually against your morals, ethics, and beliefs. Doesn't take much of a sleuth to find out real fast, they're all bending you over and breaking it off in your ass every chance they get.

Makes what levi, benchmade, or yeti has supposedly done, seem like mere child's play.

But, by all means, fire up the boycott machine...again.

We’ll all be naked with no gear to use before it’s over 😁

I'm just glad no one in the hunting community has dug to deep into song lyrics... would hate to have to toss my radio out the window

I just put on my Canadian Tuxedo, letting the good times roll with a yeti full of ol mil while I watch Meat Eater.

The tune would change if Don Peay, SFW, Mike Lee, among others had a vocal CEO of a clothing / product company that branded their voice and $$$ for transferring our land to the States, countering public access, etc.

Though carry on... :rolleyes:

The tune would change if Don Peay, SFW, Mike Lee, among others had a vocal CEO of a clothing / product company that branded their voice and $$$ for transferring our land to the States, countering public access, etc.

Though carry on... :rolleyes:

You must have missed the meeting we decided to boycott flat brims in ‘16 ;)

I haven’t bought anymore since I heard about this several months ago. Unfortunately my $8.99 rural king jeans aren’t as comfortable.

I have 2 pair of 501s I cannot wear out, been trying for 20 years. Think of all the social trends that have flown and failed in 20 years.
My point being, endurance counts in changing times. And those are the only times we have left.

Probably why real cowboys wear Wranglers.

Hopefully this won't happen to any of the pre distressed bleach spot skinny jean manufacturers that the folks in Bozeman wear.

Back