Caribou Gear

Levi Strauss CEO takes a side on gun control:

Do I have to quit wearing Levi's now? Dammit, I've worn them since 1982. mtmuley

All the more recent model of Levi’s are all for metrosexuals anyway....I’ll stick to my good ole Lee carpenter jeans.

carhartts updated flex style pants are my go too everyday anyways. i like having a side pocket to put my phone in

I never understood the need to alienate more than half your customers by pontificating your opinion. How about just shutting your trap and running the company to the best of your ability. Isn’t Levi’s about to go public again? I can’t believe this gun control opinion is a key piece of their marketing plan. If it is, glad to know it as the stock price will likely reflect it.

It has been Carhartt for me for a long time. They last well. I've liked everything I've used from Duluth, so I'll probably give their work pants a go next time I order my work clothing for my contract work expenses. I quit wearing levis when they started using the stretchy material. I'm not a fan of it.

I never understood the need to alienate more than half your customers by pontificating your opinion. How about just shutting your trap and running the company to the best of your ability. Isn’t Levi’s about to go public again? I can’t believe this gun control opinion is a key piece of their marketing plan. If it is, glad to know it as the stock price will likely reflect it.

Pretty sure this will only help their stock price, see Nike.

Also I while this move and stance is alienating because we hold different views on firearms, some people do not.
I love that lots of outdoor companies participate in Round Up For Conservation, but that's because I agree with that political agenda. I can’t imagine not thinking conservation is critical, because the woods are a huge part of my life. If you are a urbanite that doesn’t have any positive experiences with firearms and only holds negative connotations of them this kind of political stance doesn’t seem divisive but common sense.

Every time one of these threads gets started it simply reminds me how much we have lost control of the conservation because of our refusal to participate in it, honestly if sportsmen want to protect our rights and heritage we need to participate in the national conservation that is happening in our absence. That means helping write the inevitable legislation not screaming about how there shouldn’t be a law.

Last edited:
Pretty sure this will only help their stock price, see Nike.

Also I while this move and stance is alienating because we hold different views on firearms, some people do not.
I love that lots of outdoor companies participate in Round Up For Conservation, but that because I agree with the political perspective. I can’t imagine not thinking conservation is critical, because the woods are a huge part of my life. If you are a urbanite that doesn’t have any positive experiences with firearms and only holds negative connotations of them this kind of political stance doesn’t seem divisive but common sense.

Every time one of these threads gets started it simply reminds me how much we have lost control of the conservation because of our refusal to participate in it, honestly if sportsmen want to protect our rights and heritage we need to participate in the national conservation that is happening in our absence. That means helping write the inevitable legislation not screaming about how there shouldn’t be a law.
The Nike issue wasn't about gun control so I consider that a little different. Dick's already came out and said their position on guns has hurt their sales and profits.

My only point is "why go there"? What is the real upside for your business? The CEO is unnecessarily rolling dice going down this rabbit hole.

Miller International makes Cinch....so I better stock up before they contract the coastie elite flu.

Last edited:
Levi alienated me when they redesigned their 501s back in the day. It cost me a lot of money too, because my wife wore them and had to go looking for an alternative. I will likely never forgive them.

..pics? ;) (obligatory)

Last edited:
Back