Yeti GOBOX Collection

Leaving in the morning for Wyoming.

OleRedbeard

I'm packed up and heading out the door tomorrow morning for another try at a cow. It's about a 22 hour drive give or take depending on traffic (probably going to be crappy tomorrow) with the holiday driving.
Hoping the last couple of snows have pushed them around some. Either way should be a fun time.

Last edited:
Keep a watch on weather and road conditions. It's supposed to be nasty across the state tonight and tomorrow.

Keep a watch on weather and road conditions. It's supposed to be nasty across the state tonight and tomorrow.
thanks for the heads up! I'm hoping to hit Wyoming by Sunday day or evening. Hoping it'll be cleared out by then at least for a few days. Going to be a crap shoot on most of the roads more than likely. But keeping my fingers crossed it'll bring some animals out.

Last edited:
I've been out here since Wednesday. Weather sucked driving from midwest, took 8 hours longer seen 2 dozen wrecks along the way. Weather has been crap. Snow and fog every day. Hard to see past 100 yards. Were heading home Sunday, hope your hunt goes better then ours has.

I've been out here since Wednesday. Weather sucked driving from midwest, took 8 hours longer seen 2 dozen wrecks along the way. Weather has been crap. Snow and fog every day. Hard to see past 100 yards. Were heading home Sunday, hope your hunt goes better then ours has.
Man that's a hard hit. I'm worried about that exact thing. If you get out tomorrow hopefully things will turn around and you can locate something.

Well, we're all snowed in and the roads are closed. Check conditions carefully before you head up from Colorado.
The road at Tie Siding will be impassable but may get plowed by residents by Sunday.
You may be able to get close on highway 10 but 230 is also not good today.
This snow should move the elk around.
WYDOT has webcams you should look at, the non interstate routes cams along 287,https://www.wyoroad.info/Highway/webcameras/NonInterstateCameras.html
Pumpkin Vine and Midway are the cams for 287.
If you get snowed in come on down to The Library for a good beer and food. We'll be there for happy hour, 4-6.

Well, we're all snowed in and the roads are closed. Check conditions carefully before you head up from Colorado.
The road will be impassable but may get plowed by residents by Sunday.

This snow should move the elk around.
WYDOT has webcams you should look at, the non interstate routes cams along 287,https://www.wyoroad.info/Highway/webcameras/NonInterstateCameras.html

If you get snowed in come on down to The Library for a good beer and food. We'll be there for happy hour, 4-6.
Man I really appreciate that info! I'm looking at the cams now. Just hit St Louis. It's looking like around noon to 2 tomorrow is when I'll get into Wyoming baring any hold-ups. Sounds like I'll be checking out the library when I slide into town lol

Last edited:
I guess I can plan on taking it easy on the driving now. Just went through Kansas City. Probably rack out in a few hours and see what things look like tomorrow hopefully some can get scraped before Monday.

Hope you guys get home safe!

The wind let up a bit this afternoon here in Laramie, but it was really getting after it until about 3 or 4 PM. There was a long stretch when visibility was less than 150 yards, probably less than 100 at times.

Absolute crap weather...

The wind let up a bit this afternoon here in Laramie, but it was really getting after it until about 3 or 4 PM. There was a long stretch when visibility was less than 150 yards, probably less than 100 at times.

Absolute crap weather...
I'm probably going to hang it up for the night and finish the drive in tomorrow. Sounds like there's no need in hurrying to get there tomorrow. I really appreciate all the updates you guys have given me.

If you can get there right after the storm, the hunting may be epic ! I'm jealous... winter cow hunts are my absolute favorite hunt. Looking forward to hearing more of your adventure. Safe travels !!

Back