Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

KHunter CO archery sheep hunt

Congratulations! Beautiful ram.

Even with the strikeout in Arizona this year, with the awesome OTC bull there in Colorado and now the awesome ram I would say this has been a pretty good year for you from a hunting perspective.

Congrats on the great ram and adventure. I didnt see it anywhere but at what point did you realize you shot a different ram?

Congratulations! Beautiful ram.

Even with the strikeout in Arizona this year, with the awesome OTC bull there in Colorado and now the awesome ram I would say this has been a pretty good year for you from a hunting perspective.

it has! add in a BIG utah spring bear. that was a blast.

Congrats on the great ram and adventure. I didnt see it anywhere but at what point did you realize you shot a different ram?

when my brother told me over the phone when I had just told him ram was at my feet. saw initial ram again. quite similar configuration.

Great ram, great hunt! Don’t get rid of the cape too soon. I shot a ram last year and had no intention of having a shoulder mount done, but after pulling the cape on to the skull and getting an idea of what the mount would look like, I am going to have the shoulder mount done. I know what you mean about handling the skull and horns. I have been doing just that for the last year. It doesn’t get old. Enjoy!

Against all sound advice, no mount planned. Doing a Euro. I wanna hold it and cuddle up with it at will in perpetuity. A cool table topper for the living room.

Anybody need a beautiful full body cape send them my way. We did a great job caping out, no erroneous cuts. Somebody is gonna make a gorgeous, thick winter cape, life size mount with it.
I have heard of guys doing a euro and then shoulder mounting a cast of the horns. Also, full size sheep cape can fetch a pretty penny if you sell it!

What a journey and amazing ram. Congratulations man. Personally, I think sheep euros are about as cool as it gets.

Lots of awesome mountain time with some amazing friends kept and made.

Opening day was just the final puzzle piece on an amazing months long project. Congratulations

I’ve been fortunate to be go on able to help friends (and friends of friends who are now all friends) and family on 10 North American wild sheep hunts. And go on 6 sheep hunts of my own, 2 of which were drawn tags DIY (AZ desert and MT Rocky). Of all the DIY hunts I’ve helped on, KHunter was by far the most prepared. And it really paid off! It is so nice helping someone who has taken the gift of a drawn sheep permit seriously from the moment they find out they have drawn and have done the legwork required to create an enjoyable and successful sheep hunt. If you have done your homework you can go into the hunt relaxed and confident and be able to relish the extremely rare opportunity of having a drawn sheep tag and the legal option of a diy sheep hunt. Khunter did this.

I hate to admit it, but after all my experience hunting sheep the evidence indicates that KHunter is a better sheep hunter than me. It took me 23 days straight in AZ with a rifle. And 70 days straight in MT with a rifle. Compared to Khunter taking about 70 minutes in CO with a bow!

Congrats brother. You made full use of your sheep tag. Who knows-maybe next year I’ll draw a CO Bighorn permit and you can help me?

The pic shows how excited I was when Khunter got his ram5CF1D48C-FE79-411F-9987-BC394E89A4F5.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back