Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Kenetrek "squeak"

dainer

Has anyone else experienced a squeak coming from their boots? It seems like it happens mid step, possibly caused by something flexing? It only happens with my Hardscrabble hikers, not the mountain extremes. Any advice on fixing this would be much appreciated as I am hoping to draw a muzzle loader tag and a quiet approach would help...

I had some vasque's that did that. I ended up putting some vegetable oil on the flex point by the ankle and it went away. I thought I remember Jim at Kenetrek telling me something about some people complaining about a squeak. I would give them a call I'm sure they have heard of it and probably figured out a cure. I'm thinking some lube at that ankle flex point will do the trick. If it's not there then it probably is the leather from the tongue rubbing on the eyelet sides of the boots.

Thank you very much for the tips. The vegetable oil might be a good idea, since it would be nice to get the buck used to the smell so he is comfortable frying in it later. :)

I have lunch with them today. I will try to remember to ask about any "squeaks" and what they recommend.

Good luck with the muzzy tag.

In case anyone was wondering I spent the last two days in Billings standing in peoples basement water jack hammering holes to put sump pumps in and wearing my Kenetrek mountain extremes I won on hunt talk.. NOT a lick of water came through those suckers. My feet were bone dry...wish my clothes stayed dry as well.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colt97
Back