Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Boots?

Should have mentioned this. A consequence of trying to make a boot work is I developed a Morton's Neuroma on my right foot. It sucks and I've had to go to a wide width boot, an insole with a metatarsal pad, and thicker socks
Same, which makes buying boots even more of a challenge as the inserts change everything.

Try getting older and walking on lava golf balls and Gramma clumps daily. Feet change size too.

I threw out 4 pairs of boots this year I have had for many years and were useless where I live at times.

Try getting older and walking on lava golf balls and Gramma clumps daily. Feet change size too.

I threw out 4 pairs of boots this year I have had for many years and were useless where I live at times.
I had to buy new boots when I hit 40. I have/had really high arches and my feet flattened. Now a size 13, previously a 12.

Take a look at the Lowa Renegades, extremely comfortable, no break-in period in my experience, light-weight, decently water proof. I will be buying another pair if these ever wear out. Decent price especially compared to Crispi and I found them way more comfortable
I agree with the favorable comments about the Lowa Renegades. I bought the GTX mids for an early season archery elk hunt in CO and loved them. Continue to wear them on flatland hunts and they have become my favorite boots.

Despite JLS's experience with the Zamberlans, the Vois are definitely a great choice if they fit. I love any and everything Scarpa makes, they just fit, perform, and last. I lean towards @wllm a bit, but have trended back a bit too, I only use trailrunners for the lightest of early hunts, mostly lightweight backpackers, but still rock the Scarpa Charmoz, esp when it's steep, loose, or slick.

Despite JLS's experience with the Zamberlans, the Vois are definitely a great choice if they fit. I love any and everything Scarpa makes, they just fit, perform, and last. I lean towards @wllm a bit, but have trended back a bit too, I only use trailrunners for the lightest of early hunts, mostly lightweight backpackers, but still rock the Scarpa Charmoz, esp when it's steep, loose, or slick.
You seen the Ribelle Techs, haven't had a chance to try those on but they seem closer to a synthetic hunting boot than other options and something on paper @Addicting might want to look at.

You seen the Ribelle Techs, haven't had a chance to try those on but they seem closer to a synthetic hunting boot than other options and something on paper @Addicting might want to look at.
yes... I've lusted for them for a while, but apparently Scarpa made them with gold, based on the price.

Umm, NO. Those are the most expensive hideousness ever created at a bong infested free love thinking Rainbow Family meets Vail ski retreat acid tripped think tank weekend.

I broke in a set of Crispi Lapponia 2’s this year - they’re super light and pretty flexible. Maybe more flexible than I generally prefer but for whitetail bow season they are working great.

If I were going on a sheep hunt I’d certainly push for something stiffer.

Love a good boot thread…

Im looking to replace the Danners I’ve been wearing for a few years. Any reason not to go with them again?

I think that is debatable. In the military I packed a lot of weight a lot of miles. None of our boots were ever stiff. I didn’t even know that stiff boots existed until I bought a mountain boot. My AZ bull got packed out in a pair of slip on Sketchers. Lol

Wile they were not the best, it was all I could wear from the blisters the stiff boot gave me.

While hunting MT in the steep stuff I was grateful for the stiff boots. In Wyoming they were nice for the snow and face we hunted. For everything else I’ve done I really don’t think they were necessary. I am thinking for the shorter pack outs without steep side hilling that a lighter more flexible sole is the way to go.

I think there is merit for two different pairs.
I found myself wishing for a stiffer boot than Crispi Nevadas on steep sidehill rockslides. But for general mountain hiking they otherwise work great.

I was needing some new boots with more substantial support since my ankle is getting bad. Damn thing rolls easily. I tried Kenetreks, Crispis, and Zamberlans. The Zamberlan fit me the best and have worked very well. They also have a less pronounced heel than some, which I tend to trip over when they get too big.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back