Boots?

Soooooo. You need to find "old" boots? Or just listen to influencers. mtmuley
I tend to mix the info people share - whom I hold some understanding of working leather in a similar field of work or outdoor activity and my impression wearing the stiff boot off the bat.

You more into nixing people with experience for buying new leather? Meh, we each have our methods... right?

I tend to mix the info people share - whom I hold some understanding of working leather in a similar field of work or outdoor activity and my impression wearing the stiff boot off the bat.

You more into nixing people with experience for buying new leather? Meh, we each have our methods... right?
Yep. mtmuley

It all sits in front of my ankle if that’s what you’re asking.
It was more about the height I guess.

The ones I’m returning are at not completely to the top of the tongue and all that material folds right at the ankle joint. Then the steel lace tie doubles the pressure. See the pic below. If they would have gone to the top of the boot I think they would have been fine.

The Crispi Nevada go to the top of and fit really well. Same as my mountain extremes. image.jpg

This. A recommendation is just a starting point and if the boot doesn’t fit your foot it’s relatively worthless.
I agree but I am somewhat limited for a mountain boot here in the flat lander area I live in.

I have a Cabelas and Bass Pro about a hour away but my experience there has always been lackluster.

It was more about the height I guess.

The ones I’m returning are at not completely to the top of the tongue and all that material folds right at the ankle joint. Then the steel lace tie doubles the pressure. See the pic below. If they would have gone to the top of the boot I think they would have been fine.

The Crispi Nevada go to the top of and fit really well. Same as my mountain extremes. View attachment 254874
It doesn’t go to the top but it’s a tall boot so it’s well above the ankle.

Attachments

• CFA1474D-2311-451A-BBCC-AE38150BE776.jpeg
    CFA1474D-2311-451A-BBCC-AE38150BE776.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
I agree but I am somewhat limited for a mountain boot here in the flat lander area I live in.

I have a Cabelas and Bass Pro about a hour away but my experience there has always been lackluster.
Mail order and return them. It’s cheaper in the long run than a pair that doesn’t work.

I agree, good to get a quality base from experienced people (such as this thread inquires), then try what works best from the recommendations...

Though not listening to anybody? To each their own.

I have Kenetrek Mountain extremes. I have Salomon 453gtx. I have Lowa Caminos. Love them all. There ya go Sytes. mtmuley

Screenshot-2022-12-11-111930.png

Screenshot-2022-12-11-112147.png
Looks like that brand only comes in D width. I tend to run wides, shame because they have some nice options on the web site.

This is how the tongue lies on the summit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
I think my next boots will be lower, maybe a La Sportiva or more mountaineering boot set up. I like a very stiff sole, especially when carrying a load. My current pair of Crispi Idahos are holding up well, just finished their third season. Probably will get one more, then time to move on.

I wear soft soles boots all day for work, but that’s flat and nothing poking into the foot bed. In the mountains, all about that stiff sole.

Looks like that brand only comes in D width. I tend to run wides, shame because they have some nice options on the web site.
Meindl boots are generous in the toe box compared to Italian boots (in general). I wear a 14 medium or a 13 wide normally. My Cabela's meindl boots are a 13 medium and they fit well. I like the meindl boots more than the lows Tibet's I also have.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back