Boots?

Addicting

Ok, it’s time for new boots. I have a pair of Kenetreks Mountain Extremes. They are still in good shape and work really well for side hilling. I will keep them for late season snow type hunts.

However, As I age and my hunts take me more out of the steep stuff I find they are not the best. I feel like they are too stiff and walking flatter stuff feels like it’s more of a Frankenstein stomp than a hike.

In AZ recently that along with lava rock caused my feet to get really chewed up. I wished I had my old lighter combat boots with flex.

I ordered a pair of Corrie’s from Kenetrek and they are a darn nice boot. Unfortunately, my ankle bone meets up where the tongue webbing folds and the lace buckle puts too much pressure on it. I don’t see anyway to stop that pressure so they are getting returned.

Here are the must haves:
Waterproof with a sealer
Flex
Softer soles
Cactus resistant sides, prefer leather
A tongue that doesn’t have excessive material seam at ankle height.

Schnee’s divide mid is on my short list. Any advice?

This is probably the best pair I have ever owned for comfort and warmth. Trekker 1200 gram thinsulate and aqua shield. Size 10.5 and I got them at Cabela’s in their bargain barn. FB42C726-7485-49BA-951A-97F551E66082.jpeg

Can’t help with boot specifics, but when I was on the hunt for the perfect boot last year I went to Sportsmans and tried probably a dozen different boots on to figure out what fit my feet best. If you’ve got a Scheels or something nearby, that’s what I would do. Online product descriptions can sound great, but in reality you won’t know if they’re exactly what you want until you handle them and try them on.

Screenshot-2022-12-11-111930.png

Screenshot-2022-12-11-112147.png

Can’t help with boot specifics, but when I was on the hunt for the perfect boot last year I went to Sportsmans and tried probably a dozen different boots on to figure out what fit my feet best. If you’ve got a Scheels or something nearby, that’s what I would do. Online product descriptions can sound great, but in reality you won’t know if they’re exactly what you want until you handle them and try them on.
I have one near here and plan on it. They don’t carry some of the higher end brands I’m interested in. I’m trying to take advantage of some of the sales online right now.

Tried on some Crispi Nevada GTX and they fit nice although I wish they would have had the wide. Anyone know if they have a promo code?

I liked Keen for their toe spacing though they tend to break down a bit quicker than I'd like. I still enjoy them however, found Oboz. A Bozeman company that crafts some really nice and durable boots.

In your situation, I'd lean towards the Zamberlan Vios or Cresta lines, about a dozen to pick from. Same high quality Italian leather as Kenetrek and fully resolable.
Just thought I’d share a warranty experience with Zamberlan, because that’s all I wore for a few years. Brand new pair of boots is wearing through the heel cup stitching. After numerous attempts over several weeks to contact someone in warranty (phone calls, emails, Facebook messenger) I gave up and had my CC cancel the payment.

Just thought I’d share a warranty experience with Zamberlan, because that’s all I wore for a few years. Brand new pair of boots is wearing through the heel cup stitching. After numerous attempts over several weeks to contact someone in warranty (phone calls, emails, Facebook messenger) I gave up and had my CC cancel the payment.
Thanks for the heads up. I've never tried to initiate a warranty with Zamberlan , but I'd never purchase their products again if I was put in your situation. Sucks to be brand loyal to a high end item just to find out the customer service junk.

Don't listen to anybody. Go try them on. It's the only way to figure it out. If I would have listened to the experts, I wouldn't have ended up with the boots I have. mtmuley
trying on "New" boots for the expectation of finding quality boots is like asking a 2x4 to be flexible.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back