Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Boots?

Just thought I’d share a warranty experience with Zamberlan, because that’s all I wore for a few years. Brand new pair of boots is wearing through the heel cup stitching. After numerous attempts over several weeks to contact someone in warranty (phone calls, emails, Facebook messenger) I gave up and had my CC cancel the payment.
I will second this. Had a pair of $400 dollar zamberlands leak bad after the first weekend out. Called, emailed, etc and no response. I’ve had issues with my shnees but their customer service/warranty is top notch and my recent pair had lasted a hard 4 years. I use the granite and they fit my foot well but based on your post it sounds like your looking for a higher flex model.

I will second this. Had a pair of $400 dollar zamberlands leak bad after the first weekend out. Called, emailed, etc and no response. I’ve had issues with my shnees but their customer service/warranty is top notch and my recent pair had lasted a hard 4 years. I use the granite and they fit my foot well but based on your post it sounds like your looking for a higher flex model.
I called Schnees and talked with them. Really happy with the customer service. I am headed to REI today to try on some different boots and narrow the decision.

If you buy your boots from REI you don't need to worry about Zamberlan's customer service
Good point, I just prefer purchasing from other companies than REI. They decided to boycott Vista Outdoor because they had a gun manufacturer in their brand portfolio. Not to derail this thread, but Vista is one of the leading producers of ammunition and one of the largest contributors to the Pittman-Robertson Act, for REI to take that hard of a stance was upsetting to me as that taxation on firearms/ammunition is what funds a lot of public land access initiatives. Just my 2cents. Otherwise, I've heard really great things about Zamberlans and you are correct, if purchased through REI you could always return them through their warranty program.

I've had great cusamer serbis at REI, when I'm not wearing a camo cap.
Seriously.
They got a pair of Tibets to me in 2 days.

It just took a week for a bottle of pills to get here ...

REI is the closest place to try them on, doubt I will buy there. I can’t afford to buy and ship back several types of boots. When I find the one then order online from the manufacturer.

REI is the closest place to try them on, doubt I will buy there. I can’t afford to buy and ship back several types of boots. When I find the one then order online from the manufacturer.
Mine were $90 cheaper thru REI and the shipping was free.
I'm a long time member and I have no shame.

Mine were $90 cheaper thru REI and the shipping was free.
I'm a long time member and I have no shame.
Not cheaper but I did pick up a pair of Lowa Renegade GTX. Which are definitely a wear everyday kinda boot. Which should work really well come antelope season.

Trying them side by side with the Caminos was nice. I was surprised that the size difference between the two. The Renegade needed a half size bigger than the Camino.

They had a good rebate on the membership so I did that so I can order a wide online and see which fits better.

Thanks for the help

Not cheaper but I did pick up a pair of Lowa Renegade GTX. Which are definitely a wear everyday kinda boot. Which should work really well come antelope season.

Trying them side by side with the Caminos was nice. I was surprised that the size difference between the two. The Renegade needed a half size bigger than the Camino.

They had a good rebate on the membership so I did that so I can order a wide online and see which fits better.

Thanks for the help
They had called me about a pair 1/2 size smaller than someone needed in the Tibets.
Gal said Tibets are running larger than normal , so I got a pair 1/2 size smaller than normal ,to fit perfect with med-lighter socks....LOL Sizing...LOL

So I just logged back into my account here because I have a burning question for everyone and I love opinions... Im going to be upgrading to a new boot this year after burning through my 3rd Cabelas pair in 4 years. Looking at going to either Crispi's or Kenetreks, however I have to consider the insulation in the boot very carefully. I don't have the money to buy 2 pairs of boots, so I gotta settle somewhere in the middle. I hunt in SW Wyoming from Sept 1st through my late tag season which ends Dec 31st. Anyone have good insight on the amount of insulation I should be looking for in a boot to hunt in early season Sept where temp fluctuates from teens overnight to 70 degrees during the day and I am hiking upwards of 5-10 miles in a day, but will also be accommodating in 12+ inches of snow when December hits and temps are as low as -10? (What I dealt with just a couple weeks ago)

So I just logged back into my account here because I have a burning question for everyone and I love opinions... Im going to be upgrading to a new boot this year after burning through my 3rd Cabelas pair in 4 years. Looking at going to either Crispi's or Kenetreks, however I have to consider the insulation in the boot very carefully. I don't have the money to buy 2 pairs of boots, so I gotta settle somewhere in the middle. I hunt in SW Wyoming from Sept 1st through my late tag season which ends Dec 31st. Anyone have good insight on the amount of insulation I should be looking for in a boot to hunt in early season Sept where temp fluctuates from teens overnight to 70 degrees during the day and I am hiking upwards of 5-10 miles in a day, but will also be accommodating in 12+ inches of snow when December hits and temps are as low as -10? (What I dealt with just a couple weeks ago)
Kenetrek guide 400

Ok, it’s time for new boots. I have a pair of Kenetreks Mountain Extremes. They are still in good shape and work really well for side hilling. I will keep them for late season snow type hunts.

However, As I age and my hunts take me more out of the steep stuff I find they are not the best. I feel like they are too stiff and walking flatter stuff feels like it’s more of a Frankenstein stomp than a hike.

In AZ recently that along with lava rock caused my feet to get really chewed up. I wished I had my old lighter combat boots with flex.

I ordered a pair of Corrie’s from Kenetrek and they are a darn nice boot. Unfortunately, my ankle bone meets up where the tongue webbing folds and the lace buckle puts too much pressure on it. I don’t see anyway to stop that pressure so they are getting returned.

Here are the must haves:
Waterproof with a sealer
Flex
Softer soles
Cactus resistant sides, prefer leather
A tongue that doesn’t have excessive material seam at ankle height.

Schnee’s divide mid is on my short list. Any advice?
I know some people scoff at them but Danner Crater Rims work for me.
They’re made in USA. I use them in the mountains and bird hunting.

For all of that I ran Kenetreks Mountain extremes uninsulated. Just adjust the sock for the insulation. Run Gators in the snow so you don’t get melt down from the top. Worked well till I went to AZ.

For all of that I ran Kenetreks Mountain extremes uninsulated. Just adjust the sock for the insulation. Run Gators in the snow so you don’t get melt down from the top. Worked well till I went to AZ.
This works for me 9/10 times also. But sitting in the snow or below freezing temps led me to getting the 400 insulated. Buy the insulated 1/2 a size up and using a liner sock + thicker sock when required works.

Can somebody help me out. In past couple of weeks I saw Kenetrek's for $400. I can not remember the link, I thought maybe go hunt with a promo code from Randy. I know I am not crazy. Bought my kid a pair this winter for $400. That was only for stock on hand. I just saw this deal.....said huh I can buy them anytime for the price i paid for Gus's. Now I'm going to pull the trigger for a new pair, but I can't for the life or me remember where I saw them. Any help? Thanks.

This thread is a little old, but I wanted to suggest looking at the Crispi Wild Rock boot. They are awesome, fit really well, and completely waterproof. They have 400 g insulation, which fits perfectly into early season or late season. I think they are made exclusively for BlackOvis by Crispi. That's where I got mine from. Without a doubt my favorite hunting boot ever.

This thread is a little old, but I wanted to suggest looking at the Crispi Wild Rock boot. They are awesome, fit really well, and completely waterproof. They have 400 g insulation, which fits perfectly into early season or late season. I think they are made exclusively for BlackOvis by Crispi. That's where I got mine from. Without a doubt my favorite hunting boot ever.
How’s their customer service?

How’s their customer service?
Crispi or BlackOvis? I have never used Crispi customer service never needed to and I have the Wild Rock, Idaho, Hunter GTX, and Wyomings. As far as BlackOvis, I have ordered several times from them, and contacted them once via phone to check on order status. Phone was answered by a real person who spoke English with no accent, and took care of my request with no hesitation.

I recently ordered a pair of Nevada GTX uninsulated (hunting in California). I called the day after I ordered, and someone picked up, gave me good info and was very accommodating. Haven't used them for a true customer service issue, but based on my personal experience, and my hunting partner who has same boots for last 3 years, I'm confident in saying Crispi has good customer service.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back