Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Kansas Whitetails - The Reckoning

Nothing like a good snow storm to fire up the deer - they'll jump right out at you once it blows through... Nail'em ;)

Last edited:
Looking forward to the morning hunt as we got pretty much snowed out this afternoon. In some areas the snow turned to rain so we are hopinh the snow stays on the ground through the night to make for some perfect conditions.

We did come across a nice 5 point main frame shed today with a 4 inch kicker coming off the G2, Maybe we'll run into it's owner. The buck would be a definite stud this year.

With weather blowing past and the new moon you guys should have a action packed morning!
I see a 160 class 10 point with a little trash in your future!

Looks pretty darn cold Fin

blue.jpg

The entire sign is violating one of my major rules........................not a single bullet hole in it.

Randy (and Spitz), the older I get the less envy i have of of your late season hunts... brrrrrrrr that looks cold and wet.

Well . . . .we arrived this morning well before light to just a little bit of snow as most had melted through the night. (DANG). Still made it in to where we wanted to hunt and sat and glassed for the first couple of hours. In those two hours we managed to see no deer and absolutely freeze. The wind was blowing in our faces at a steady 20 mph and the temperature was below freezing to begin with. So, we decided to make a long loop and explore some new country in our WIHA.

We ended up working our way along the perimeter and spotted a young buck which we thought was well onto private but ended up being just 50 yards out when we got close for a few photos. We figured he may not be alone and sure enough, there was a monster 4 point with him (monster as in 22+ wide, real heavy and with plenty of height). Luckily Randy was Johnny On The Spot and knocked the rifle out of my hands as I was sighting in on the buck. Apparently the WIHA's don't have the 100 yard buffer zone along the outside of the fence that I thought they did. ;) Saw a 4 pack of does a little later but that was it for today. Density is low but the quality is there.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back