Caribou Gear Tarp

Kansas Whitetails - The Reckoning

Very nice story. Wish I could get the show.

Hunting whitetails on the Kansas prairies is quite different from hunting the woods. Calls for a different method of hunting. You guys have done it with excellence. Congratulations!

Should make for a great show. Nice buck spitz, sounds like you earned that one. This years shows should make for some really good entertainment quality. Congratulations to all.

Spitz,

Congratulations on a cool looking buck. You guys got it done in some tought conditions. Kudos.

You have a had a great season. Any other hunts lined up this year?

Thanks. I'm done for the year now. Pretty much wore out my permission for this go round. :)

I have already started my scheming for next year though, we'll see how it turns out.

Breathless and Cold

Followed this hunt from beginning to end here on the forum. Absolutely marvelous reports.
When I can read about a hunt, while it is happening, and feel the cold and wind, my legs and feet get tired and I am out of breath..that is one helluva story.
However, being new to the forum and not knowing the nicknames of some I did not know Big Fin was Randy until today and haven't a clue who Spitz is or Loren..but reading about that late season hunt stirred the blood. Just got my double dose of shows on DVD today, so will be an all nighter on the big screen.
This entire site, especially the Forums, is just like sitting around the cabin, with the guys,
exchanging stories and having a great time. I know I am a "beginner", but was
wondering what it takes to be a Senior or otherwise higher ranked bystander? I don't have the years left if it is time, but I can embellish and enhance the truth with the best of them.
A fantastic job gentlemen..
Echo7

Welcome Echo7. Senior membership comes with a certain number of posts. All it takes is some participation.

Here are a couple photos of the Euro mount I did on the KS whitetail. His main beams and character will be hard for me to top.

KS whitey.jpg

KS whitey 2.jpg

Being filmed for OYOA was a great experience. A few things were pretty close to my expectations and there were a few differences as well. I'll put a few thoughts together and share with you guys my overall take on the experience.

Just got done working on the last edit of this one. I am more convinced than ever that Spitz is a deer killing machine. He comes across so cool as he goes about his business of picking his buck, then walking up and shooting the poor soul, as if he had it planned that way all along.

Kansas is going to get a lot of applicants next year.

I really enjoyed this episode.

Besides the hunting knowledge needed to to be successful you guys showed some great marksmanship needed to score when the opportunities finally arose.

Loved the scene when your left sides were covered in snow showing how long you had hiked in those conditions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back