Jr.'s 2010 bull elk

nmtaxi

While Schmalts and I argue about the NM draw system, one person that has no problems pulling a primo tag is my son. We had a fantastic hunt, even though it only lasted 5 action packed hours. This wasn't even close to the biggest bull we saw, but jr.'s trigger finger was getting pretty itchy. Still, a great bull for a 15 year old (it's actually bigger than any of my bulls).
Usually I would say the hunting gods were with us, but in this case, I think it was a hunting angel. My dad passed away just 5 weeks before this hunt, but I know he was with us every step of the way. It was my dad that started this hunting tradition in our family, and I will make sure it keeps passing on through the generations. Thanks dad.

DSC01192.jpg

DSC01205.jpg

DSC01213.jpg

Jr. coming out heavy.

DSC01240.jpg

Congrats to Jr. I was thinking about him yesterday. Nice to see him keep his streak intact. Good for you guys to spend all that time hunting together. I am sure your Dad has a big smile as he watched that from up above.

Great bull and a great story. Sorry to here about your Dad but sure he is in the field with you and your son on all your hunts.

It was a youth hunt. That's one great thing about NMG&F is the youth hunt program. My son is 15 and only has a couple of more years to put in. I may have to adopt a kid to go on these hunts with.

He did well, as he always does. Congrats! Good on you for keeping him interested.

Looks like he has it all figured out. Congrats to both of you on a great hunt and fantastic memories.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back