MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Is the price of gas hindering your out-of-state or in-state hunt plans?

Are high gas prices forcing you to eliminate your hunting plans>

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have not priced airfares lately but will have to buy a couple of airline tickets in 2023. I suspect airfare is out of control also with Inflation Joe’s fuel prices.

I have not priced airfares lately but will have to buy a couple of airline tickets in 2023. I suspect airfare is out of control also with Inflation Joe’s fuel prices.
Was looking at flights to Bozeman to go visit a buddy this summer last year ticket cost me $378 round trip same time frame this year, purchasing at same time, $1150.

No disrespect meant to my fellow Hunttalkers, but I'm surprised to see how many argue that all of these changes won't affect their hunting.

For me personally, I might still be able to do all the things I want to do, but it definitely won't be as easy to pull off if things don't improve. Even now, I'd love to be scouting this whitetail property that I hope to hunt this fall, but gas is so expensive I hate the thought of driving an hour to get there and scout.
I think your response will be repeated more, the higher gas prices go. will these stories of nothing stops my hunting be the same when gas is at $7???

Was looking at flights to Bozeman to go visit a buddy this summer last year ticket cost me $378 round trip same time frame this year, purchasing at same time, $1150.
I just booked a round trip flight to FL from KC for $330. Must be pretty variable based on location and demand.

Gas prices really suck. I hoping it comes back down some by October after the summer rush. There are still some deals to be found in airfare depending on location. I was able to book a one way flight from ATL to Calgary non-stop on Delta for $137 for a hunt in September. That made me pretty happy. It definitely depends on locations right now more then ever bc after my spring bear hunt I tried to move my flight up to come home early and a one way flight home from Boise was $600+. So I just hung out for 3 days on some blm land, lol.

I just booked a round trip flight to FL from KC for $330. Must be pretty variable based on location and demand.
I wonder what that flight would've cost you last year at this time? But, yes I think it's area dependent, Bozeman went up but to go to Florida is the same. I think airlines are just cutting routes.

Over $6 per gallon for diesel, as high as $5.80 for regular here in Chicago this weekend. Between that and the tolls a out of school celebration trip for our kids cost over $100 for a car that gets 27mpg. We only live 2.5 hours away.

Mixed quandary. Cancelled out of drive to MI for the Compton Rendezvous, partly to help fund the drive to WY for elk hunt. July scouting trip to WY still in limbo as can't afford the $1,400 airfare, cheaper to drive but also not sure worth doing 6 days to drive out and back from NH just to get 2 days on the ground.

Over $6 per gallon for diesel, as high as $5.80 for regular here in Chicago this weekend. Between that and the tolls a out of school celebration trip for our kids cost over $100 for a car that gets 27mpg. We only live 2.5 hours away.
What you doing in Chicago?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back