Is 22 FPS worth it?

IN my opinion 22 fps does nothing in a hunting situation
smoother,less vibration ,dead in hand,and even slightly less noise are all for us not for the game we hunt
Im not saying dont upgrade but I wouldnt do it just for 22fps
For most game my bow has had 100% pass tru so how far does an arrow need to stick in the dirt 6 or 9 inches lol

It most certainly can help in a hunting situation. When the shooter has his head up his ass and shoots the wrong pin, it may keep you in the game. Not saying it’s a great reason to chase speed but I can help in certain instances

Your arrow is VERY heavy for length and draw weight. I don't think you will get 22 for by switching.

It s enough to change trajectory, if you shoot longer shots it might help.

Upgrading I usually look for smoothness and speed with lower draw weight.
I agree the arrow weight is fairly heavy, maybe if you want more speed the arrow could lose a few grains?

I used to have a diamond, and I piled up some deer in the PA woods for a few years with that bow, but it had its limitations. To be completely honest, the diamonds are cheap big box store bows that work, but they will not be winning league night or 3D even with a lot of practice. The string, the limb pockets the sights are all compromises. The Elite will at least be a solid platform for accuracy, and if it is faster...that’s cool too. I shoot at Hoyt and a Mathews and both have been more fun and less frustration than the diamond. Sounds like you want a new bow. I would get a new bow.

Thinking of upgrading to a used Elite Option 7 from my Diamond Infinity Edge Pro. The listed IBO is only 22 FPS faster. I’m sure a newer bow with smoother draw and other “upgrades” would be nice. I shot two deer with my bow this year and it works well enough but it’s pretty slow with my heavier arrow setup.

What is your thought process when choosing to upgrade your bow? Would you upgrade for 22 FPS? Are newer features worth it? How do you evaluate the choice other than “I want a new bow”?
New to the forum hello everybody!
From what I can gather your only getting 199fps out of the diamond. 550 is extremely heavy for your set up. Other than that any year or 2 old flagship bow u can pick up for a reasonable price and you will find that the cycle, let off, and overall comfortabilty of shooting a quality bow will be night and day. Possibly you might find that a 70lb may be easier to draw than your 60lb diamond. New bows are always fun too!

Thanks all for the insights! Speed isn’t everything for me, as you could see by the heavy arrow. This heavy setup was consistent for me so went with it.

It sounds like an upgrade might be a good idea, regardless of speed, for the improved features and draw cycle.

If you can get an actual 22 fps increase, it’s definitely worth the upgrade. That’ll make a huge difference.

It would definitely be worth the upgrade to a newer, faster flagship bow. 22 fps is significant enough, but the draw cycle, less hand shock and increased quality would be enough for me to upgrade. The Elites just have a great back wall and generous valley that's great for hunting.

I would go shoot the new bow option and see if you like it more than what you currently have. I don't worry about the IBO speed that much, because I change the arrow setup so that they are moving between 280 and 290 FPS. I like fixed broadheads - and getting them to tune well over 290 FPS can be very tough.

Based on speed alone, I would say no. But if there are other options to get you to shoot more - then definitely take a look.

I've been flirting with thoughts of upgrading, mainly because I have a 6" Brace height and my bow isn't that forgiving. But it's tuned very well with my current arrow setup and I still like shooting it. Maybe in a couple of years.

To bring this back up again (had a baby so it’s been a bit crazy at home). I bought the Elite Option 7 last weekend. Oh man is there a difference! Not sure how much faster it is really shooting but it looks quite a bit faster. Draw is smooth and feels great to shoot compared to my diamond infinite edge.

Thank you all for the input on this! Happy I made the purchase as this feels like a much better bow.

Back