Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Interesting......

The science in regards to lead being harmful, even in small amounts is pretty mature...
I don’t disagree with you. But please see the rest of my post about other hazards, and realize that science is often bought and paid for. Emphasis on a certain outcome or focus is often given based on funding and support.

I just don’t think that we consume enough lead in our meat to make a difference in our long term health.

I don’t disagree with you. But please see the rest of my post about other hazards, and realize that science is often bought and paid for. Emphasis on a certain outcome or focus is often given based on funding and support.

I just don’t think that we consume enough lead in our meat to make a difference in our long term health.
To be honest I stopped reading after the flouride comment..
And even minuscule amounts of lead degrade cognitive ability

And even minuscule amounts of lead degrade cognitive ability
It is really hard to not be insulting when discussing decline. The whole argument of "I eat lead and I make good decisions." I feed it to my family by choice. I don't trust science. No cognitive decline here.
It is hard to show that to someone from a 10,000ft view.
On one hand its not my business and on the other I wish people would think harder about saving $20 by feeding toxic substances to their kids on a regular basis.

On one hand its not my business and on the other I wish people would think harder about saving $20 by feeding toxic substances to their kids on a regular basis.
This is also interesting. It's almost as if the copper guys condemn anyone else that doesn't shoot it. mtmuley

This thread got me thinking about a local gun range nearly within spitting range of the Gallatin River. With who knows how many lbs of lead imbedded in the ground I wonder if there is a level of contamination leaching in to the watershed. Or is lead mostly harmful if ingested in its hardened form?

This is also interesting. It's almost as if the copper guys condemn anyone else that doesn't shoot it. mtmuley
It just makes some people feel superior to speak condescendingly to people who have a differing opinion than them.

It just makes some people feel superior to speak condescendingly to people who have a differing opinion than them.
... Differing opinions and science

Your opinions don’t constitute facts.

My opinion was that my car sounded like the roaring Wyoming wind because “it had on snow tires” and “it’s just old”.

The expert at the shop informed me it was the fact that my wheel bearings had probably been shot for 50k miles, my transmission needed to be rebuilt and that my passenger side door was missing insulation from when it was pulled apart after an accident.

Opinions of laymen don’t mean shit and should be discounted out of hand... always.

Yes we all are exposed to things that are bad for our health, that doesn’t somehow mean that lead isn’t good for you.

I don't care what you guys shoot but I really do care if you feed your kids lead fragments.
I shoot lots of lead but the 1-5 big game animals we feed our family every year are shot with monos/arrows because, well, why risk it? Is the juice worth the squeeze? I probably spend an extra $2 a year. My kids aren't willingly exposed to lead at the dinner table 5 nights a week.. The exception is muzzleloader because Idaho law requires me to use an all lead projectile.
As I said hard to not be insulting.

This thread got me thinking about a local gun range nearly within spitting range of the Gallatin River. With who knows how many lbs of lead imbedded in the ground I wonder if there is a level of contamination leaching in to the watershed. Or is lead mostly harmful if ingested in its hardened form?
It's generally pretty inert in the soil

I dont care what bullets people use. I use lead bullets for varmints and wont change until they are outlawed. I dont care if a few eagles bit the dust either. However when guys say something to the effect of "lead dont hurt me none". That's problematic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PotomacRiver
Back