Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Interesting......

No deal breakers but the downsides are:
1. Higher Cost
2. Copper hunting bullets in general have lesser external and terminal ballistics than lead bullets. They lose velocity faster, are impacted more by wind, and make narrower wound channels.
Doesn't seem like any downside compared to a healthy family. Thanks for the information

Another condemnation. Thanks for the info. mtmuley

Well what is the upside to lead ingestion for people and animals that's makes the use wide spread use something that we should condone? It looks like there is a viable alternative, without much downside, according to your statement.

Before we get too far off in the ditch on this, the point of posting the links and providing information was to help people make informed decisions for themselves. The point was not to condemn everyone who chooses to shoot lead. It’s legal, not everyone is satisfied with the performance of non-toxic options, not everyone weighs the risks the same.

Well what is the upside to lead ingestion for people and animals that's makes the use wide spread use something that we should condone? It looks like there is a viable alternative, without much downside, according to your statement.
None of my business what people kill with. Not my place or yours to "condone" anything. The thinly veiled condemnation of people that shoot lead is "interesting". Happens all the time. mtmuley

None of my business what people kill with. Not my place or yours to "condone" anything. The thinly veiled condemnation of people that shoot lead is "interesting". Happens all the time. mtmuley

Meaning that we bear no responsibility to what we introduce into the ecosystem?

Drive an internal combustion engine vehicle? For a start. mtmuley
Last time that I checked I wasn't getting ham sandwiches for my kids from the tail pipe.

Seems that the righting is on the wall for lead projectiles used for hunting and the impact they have in the ecosystem.
We have two options. We do nothing, say nothing and wait for others to make decisions for us. Then complain about them.

Or we take the bull by the horns, police ourselves and come up with viable alternatives that are better for us, the animals and the environment.

Last edited:
Last I check I wasn't getting ham sandwiches for my kids from the tail pipe.

Seems that the righting is on the wall for lead projectiles used for hunting and the impact they have in the ecosystem.
We have two options. We do nothing, say nothing and wait for others to make decisions for us. Then complain about them.

Or we take the bull by the horns, police ourselves and come up with viable alternatives that are better for us, the animals and the environment.
Or, people shoot what they want. You would be surprised what I load in my rifles. What I won't do is stare down my nose at other hunters that don't "conform". mtmuley

Or, people shoot what they want. You would be surprised what I load in my rifles. What I won't do is stare down my nose at other hunters that don't "conform". mtmuley

Your not make any sense. I can give rats ass if you drank all your water though a lead straw for the rest of your life. Or sucked on spit shot for a hobby.

However when our actions
effects other people, animals and the environment then we have other considerations then our "wants "

Your not make any sense. I can give rats ass if you drank all your water though a lead straw for the rest of your life. Or sucked on spit shot for a hobby.

However when our actions
effects other people, animals and the environment then we have other considerations then our "wants "
Happy New Year. mtmuley

Should state agencies start regulating minimum BC?
Why not? Then we can move on to maximum cartridge, projectile weight, scope magnification and rangefinder capability. The possibilities are endless. mtmuley

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Su Sal
Back