Interesting......

Just think of all the problems that people had but didn’t even know about up until the last 10 years. I mean people have been and using lead projectiles since firearms where invented and now we find out that they are a huge health risk.
They were always a huge health risk. People just died from the acute type of lead consumption before they lived long enough for us to learn about the long term form of lead consumption. 😉

Just think of all the problems that people had but didn’t even know about up until the last 10 years. I mean people have been and using lead projectiles since firearms where invented and now we find out that they are a huge health risk.
Imagine if there was a control study. An exact copy of you but you, your father and grandfather didn't eat lead. Would your kids have a higher IQ?

Heck, just think how great life was before we knew wearing a seatbelt kept us from dying? Then all you had to worry about was not falling off the edge of the earth.

I wish I could get into the rest homes right now, so I could tell all those people that they should be dead from lead poisoning. They will be shocked when they find out!🙄

I think might be onto something. Maybe that’s why California is OK with heroin use, maybe that’s the body cleanser gets rid of the lead.

I wish I could get into the rest homes right now, so I could tell all those people that they should be dead from lead poisoning. They will be shocked when they find out!🙄
Eh, not dead, but perhaps lead induced cognitive decline for some.

"Older adults exposed to high levels of lead before the 1980s are showing signs of cognitive decrements as a result of long-term lead exposure in their communities. The participants were between the ages of 50 and 70 years old and had been exposed to higher levels of lead prior to the 1980s when lead had been used extensively in commercial products."

You all are free to eat as much lead as you want, feed it to your children and your grandchildren and pat yourselves on the back for not caving to those damn internet conspiracy theories for all I care.

I agree with hypocrisy that we, as human's still do things that are contrary to our physical health, but I know there ain't a one of them that I willingly participate in that doesn't improve my mental health. I view that as a net positive, or worse case, a wash. If you want to eat lead to improve your mood, have at it. But arm yourself with more than POMBS before you make that decision.

You all are free to eat as much lead as you want, feed it to your children and your grandchildren and pat yourselves on the back for not caving to those damn internet conspiracy theories for all I care.

I agree with hypocrisy that we, as human's still do things that are contrary to our physical health, but I know there ain't a one of them that I willingly participate in that doesn't improve my mental health. I view that as a net positive, or worse case, a wash. If you want to eat lead to improve your mood, have at it. But arm yourself with more than POMBS before you make that decision.
One day you won't use that word...and it'll be sooner than you think.

Reactions: Hem
I shoot copper anyway so don't really have a dog in the fight. There is zero evidence, though, that ingesting big game shot with lead bullets has resulted in elevated lead levels in humans, which was implied in the article.
Actually that's misleading. There has never been a study I seen that tests for lead by any other method than a blood test. After ingesting lead it leaves the blood relatively quickly and is then stored in your bones, teeth, brain, etc. For obvious reasons bone biopsy tests havent been done.

If eating lead fragments in your meat sets your hair on fire, great. I won’t criticize you for doing so. I chewed Copenhagen off and on for close to 20 years. That said, I never argued nor debated the science showing it was bad for me. Probably shouldn’t do the same with lead ingestion.

If eating lead fragments in your meat sets your hair on fire, great. I won’t criticize you for doing so. I chewed Copenhagen off and on for close to 20 years. That said, I never argued nor debated the science showing it was bad for me. Probably shouldn’t do the same with lead ingestion.
Last I checked Cope hasnt been linking to cognitive decline... so dip away!

"Death" is not the overly concerning part of lead exposure. This risk of dying from lead poisoning due to eating wild game is extremely low. But having slightly dumber kids is a real risk.
How much lead you gotta eat before you burn your shit in your campfire?

After chatting with Leland with the Non-lead Partnership at a BHA convention I decided game meat shot with lead bullets just wasn't something I was interested in feeding my children anymore. Heaven knows they already have enough blocks stacked against them with 50% of my genes.

I had zero idea that lead fragments traveled that far from the wound channel. Helping birds of prey is just an added bonus that made the decision easier. Also, copper shoots really good in my Tikka, so I'm really not "sacrificing" anything.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back