PEAX Equipment

Interesting Idea on NR license fees

I like that you're trying to think a bit outside the box, despite some of the difficulties with the proposed system.

One issue that we're starting to see is that states feel like they have endless ability to ramp up the NR prices. While legally they do have the ability, I feel like that can't be good for hunting in the long run. A solution like originally proposed would potentially make residents care about the NRs in their state being charged huge amounts for tags.

I don't want to wind up in a situation where NR end up with 1% of tags in each state and those tags also cost $50k each.

This idea was to just get people talking 😉
Nothing wrong with ideas .. as for the draw my dad was on phone this morning with FWP cuz his Myfwp page is all screwed up he’s showing less bonus points than he has and his choice of what he applied for was wrong . We had proof so they nicely corrected the error . Anyways the guy said they are frantically trying to correct any mistakes now and busy calling outfitters to make sure that folks who bought 2 pp actually are going with outfitters , and that the deer & elk draw will take place Monday morning .

One issue that we're starting to see is that states feel like they have endless ability to ramp up the NR prices. While legally they do have the ability, I feel like that can't be good for hunting in the long run...

They do not and cannot operate in the long run. They won't live that long as an agency - at least not fiscally. Like natural selection, capitalism, and most other things, it is all about maximization in the short run.

So I think this is the right place for this. I was just filling out our states (WI) annual spring conservation congress survey.

And one of the submitted questions got me thinking. And figured I would pose the question here.

The question read: Would you support the state changing the fee for NR licenses to reflect what the hunters home state charges for NR. For example a WI NR deer tag is $160 where as an IA NR tag is $644. And MN NR is $185. So should WI charge any IA resident wanting to hunt WI the $644 where as a MN hunter would only be charged $185.
No. I'd like our NR fees to be double theirs. Or more. I LIVE here because I want to. I LIKE it here. I want to HUNT here. I don't much care what other states do until it starts to affect me here. I'd like to see our own state start charging NR fees for people from out of COUNTY.

WI just needs to raise NR license fees a good amount across the board and leave it at that.

A NR deer license is $160. IMO it should be $250 or more. The guy from IL that has land and a cabin in WI might complain about a $90+ increase but he will still go there to hunt.
Flatlander infestation? LOL

I'm inserting a rider to your bill, "Anyone owning a corgi may hunt in WY Wilderness without a guide, likewise for Sheep/Goat/Grizzly in Alaska. Corgi need not be in the field but it's encouraged."
YES!

Attachments

• Happy Corgi.jpg
    Happy Corgi.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 1
So I think this is the right place for this. I was just filling out our states (WI) annual spring conservation congress survey.

And one of the submitted questions got me thinking. And figured I would pose the question here.

The question read: Would you support the state changing the fee for NR licenses to reflect what the hunters home state charges for NR. For example a WI NR deer tag is $160 where as an IA NR tag is $644. And MN NR is $185. So should WI charge any IA resident wanting to hunt WI the $644 where as a MN hunter would only be charged $185.
WI needs to increase ALL of their non resident fees. We are way, way, too friendly with our NR prices and tag allocations for things like turkey hunting.

Reciprocity on license fees does not make any sense, considering the lack of equivalence between the items. Each state has different regulations, management styles, genetics, etc.

NR tags are a luxury. The market should dictate their prices. Most states probably need to raise prices (for residents, too, current prices are definitely not a barrier to recruitment). Well managed states should demand a higher premium for the better product. Yes, that might put NR tags out of yearly range for many hunters, myself included.

I like this idea. I say let’s throw in the nr allocations as well. If you apply for a tag as a nr you can only get the tag within the same % allocation as your home state allocated to NR for that species. A little what’s good for the goose is good for the gander

I like this idea. I say let’s throw in the nr allocations as well. If you apply for a tag as a nr you can only get the tag within the same % allocation as your home state allocated to NR for that species. A little what’s good for the goose is good for the gander
Just think of all those poor f**kers in ND, limited to UP TO 1% of NR deer tags in other states.

Last edited:
I'm fine with the prices and allocation Wisconsin charges and allow NR's, i wouldn't be opposed to allowing NR's apply for the elk tags either and drawing up to one of them.

Yup, for WT only

And deer any weapon limited to less than 1%, even for WT

And no elk, sheep, or moose to NR

Drawings are what I was referencing
You can’t compare ND to western states like MT or CO or Wyoming . Apples to oranges . Different landscape . Less habitat . Less animals .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back