Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

If you could draw one

I'd have to go with any of the Bighorn sheep tags that I apply for every year. I will keep applying for them every year but I'm pretty doubtful that I will ever actually draw one.

I've already had 2 pretty darn good tags in my life with a Wyoming Mountain Goat and an Alaskan Bison tag so my luck may be all used up as both of those were random draw tags.

Fingers crossed for Idaho bull moose. Also doing OTC Caribou in AK in Aug, assuming travel is an option by then.

A lot of us are day dreaming about the tags we wish we would have pulled or that we would like to pull. If you could pick one to have in your pocket this season what would it be?

Mine would be a Table Mountain Wilderness Bull tag in Nevada.

16 archery is my only choice this year for bull elk.

I am trying to get redemption. I had an archery tag a couple years ago I had to turn which turned out to be a blessing in disguise due to fires.

I am already making calls to line up options to get into the wilderness. So in the event I do draw I just have to make a pho e call and a deposit.

I drew two of them.

AZ late rifle elk. I can’t hunt early rifle anyway, and I think it was a good unit.

NM pronghorn.

Almost pulled the rest of my apps, but opted not to. You take a sheep, moose or bison when it comes, not when you want it, but I already have two tags that I’ve been wanting for a while. I also have a fairly easy deer tag that I’ve had my eye on for a while, but never applied for due to dates. This year the season dates landed differently for that unit. It’s not in the same league as the other two, but with three tags in my pocket, I’m not sure I want to draw anything else. This wouldn’t be a good year to draw anything OIL. I keep checking for Utah card hits with mixed emotions.

Last edited:
16 archery is my only choice this year for bull elk.

I am trying to get redemption. I had an archery tag a couple years ago I had to turn which turned out to be a blessing in disguise due to fires.

I am already making calls to line up options to get into the wilderness. So in the event I do draw I just have to make a pho e call and a deposit.
Nice! Such an epic range. I’ve never had a tag there myself, only helped friends with tags. Good luck.

I feel like I have drawn some of those dream tags before - a SW Montana Moose Tag, and an Elkhorns Bull Tag.

I have never had a sheep or goat tag in my pocket, but if I frame the question in a way that this is the the one tag I get, whether it be for a season or the rest of my life, it would be an upland bird license. That supplies more than 4 months of hunting across nearly every landscape Montana has to offer, often in concert with man's best friend.

A lot of us are day dreaming about the tags we wish we would have pulled or that we would like to pull. If you could pick one to have in your pocket this season what would it be?

Mine would be a Table Mountain Wilderness Bull tag in Nevada.
Arizona desert sheep tag, ANY unit 24 preference pts
Montana sheep tag Max pts
Arizona Strip tag Max pts
Arizona early elk 24 pt

Saving antelope pts everywhere for when I can't get up the mountain

Back