If you could draw one

wtrfwlhunter

A lot of us are day dreaming about the tags we wish we would have pulled or that we would like to pull. If you could pick one to have in your pocket this season what would it be?

Mine would be a Table Mountain Wilderness Bull tag in Nevada.

Wyoming unit 16 pronghorn...just kidding...
It would be a tough choice picking one..
A few that come to mind would be
Montana bighorn
AZ early rifle elk
ID moose
Any Mt. Goat

Any of the bighorn sheep tags that I've applied for, LOL....
+1
CC.jpg

I would have my buddy draw a NH moose tag and I would be his sub-permittee... we both put in but I think it would be fun to ride shotgun with him in the driver's seat.

Funny, when I was a kid who had never been out of state, a wilderness wall tent hunt for bugling bulls was all I ever wanted to do. I got to do that when I was 33, and did it for 9 years.
When I started shooting a bow in 2003 I wanted to kill a deer. Managed to get a P&Y blacktail in the rut 2 years later.
I thought that bowhunting stuff was fun so I applied for a Tule elk bowhunt and drew it in 2010. (odds were less than .25%)
Drew a OIL hunt when stuff in my life was going sideways in 2015.

So when you ask the question I wonder if I've already drawn that dream hunt...

But right now a Pope and Young class Velvet mule deer is the next thing on my list. Who knows if it is gonna be a rare tag or not...The dice have rolled in my favor before. You know the saying "be careful what you wish for"? Because they happen.

Back