If you could draw one

I think I drew my ONE tag for a dream hunt just last year. My wife gave me the go ahead to try and book a grizzly bear hunt in Alaska. I was wanting to do this with a friend of mine but things didn't work out. I had been in contact with Ovis Outfitters looking into going on a hunt. Late in the game the Fish & Game in Alaska allowed one more tag for a grizzly bear in an area they hunt. They had contacted a good taxidermist buddy of mine who had turned me onto these folks in the first place. They told my buddy about this tag and asked if he wanted to try and purchase it. It was first come first serve. Who ever applied for the tag first got it. He couldn't do a hunt last fall but he remembered my hunt dreams and he gave the outfitter my name. Emily Thoft called me up on the phone out of the blue and told me about this tag that came available. I sat down on the computer and she walked me through the process to apply and what I needed to do. We got my application for this ONE special tag sent off. Two hours later she called me and told me that I got the tag and I was going grizzly bear hunting with them late August 2019! I still feel that it's a dream and I cannot hardly believe I got to do this amazing adventure. If I NEVER EVER draw a sheep or a moose tag it is okay. I got to do my dream hunt. I wish all of you folks the best on your own dream hunts, and that someday it happens for you too!
David

I've lucked out between a SW Montana Moose hunt that I got to do in back to back years- once as a tag holder with my best friend, and the following year in the same unit with him as the tag holder- an unlimited sheep hunt with that same buddy, and a SE Montana Rifle Elk tag. So I won't be picky. I'd like to be there for that same buddy to tag an unlimited ram. The Beartooth Bison tag looks like the kind of adventure the two of us could get in to, and Mountain Goat has been high on my list for the country they live in alone. Out of state, a Desert Sheep hunt would be an unreal experience if we're limiting it to draw tags. If we are talking any hunt, and money isn't a concern, a Stone Sheep / Mountain Caribou hunt might top it all for me personally, and seeing my dad fulfill his dream of an Alaskan Moose or a Caribou would be awfully sweet.

Kentucky elk. Bull or cow. Me or my wife. It would be so great to participate in such a wildly successful elk reintroduction program in that state.

Gila 1st AW, with a MZ....anyone of 4 units I drive thru regularly....
Jicarilla deer.

Bull moose for the area I live. I would Try my best to tip over a 50”+ bull

Probably a WY sheep. Using my bow and with horses as transport. That would be a dream hunt.

But reckon I’ll have to settle for the New Zealand equivalent - a bull tahr hunt using a helicopter as transport.
I’d have no problem with that option 😂

I've drawn a bunch, AZ desert, WY Rocky, MT goat and moose, WY moose, a bunch of AZ rifle bull elk tags, Wyoming bull elk tags, Montana breaks rifle bull elk twice, AK muskox, NM oryx, a bunch of good pronghorn tag, a few good deer tags.

I guess if I want to be greedy, I would say a UT, MT, or WY bison tag.

Any other sheep, moose, goat tags at this point are pure gravy.

Any of the Wyoming bull tags with single digit resident odds would probably be my pick.

I'd love to draw a moose tag here in Idaho, but more importantly to me is who and how...

A camp with good like-minded folks, hunting with traditional muzzleloaders or traditional bows. It wouldn't what we were hunting.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back