Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

If I could drop a $1,000

mdhunter

After seeing the thread about dropping a $1,000 (on tag applications) it has made me wonder. What is on your hunting bucket list if you had an extra $1,000?

I'd much rather see that $1,000 get converted in additional vacation time to hunt that have it out right towards gear.

If I was stuck with it for gear it could be the left eye piece of some Swarovski 10x42's or the bottom barrel of a Beretta 686.

I'd use it as a down payment on another "unethical" long range caliber gun. Man I love shooting an accurate gun.

First thing I'd get is a youth 20 gauge for taking kids turkey hunting with me this spring. I'd probably throw a red dot sight on it. Second thing I'd do is get a 6.5 Swede to play around with, and to have when I've got a kid that wants to give deer hunting a try.

I'd be putting it towards a vacation for the wife to build up Domestic Tranquility Points that can be traded for more/extended hunting trips :)

If that's a cheating answer - probably would put it toward a popup trailer or wall tent...having buddies that own them is great, but am planning on getting my own this year.

I've decided to change my mind about my choice. When my dad was in the Army he was stationed in Fairbanks, AK, after getting back to the States from Viet Nam, and has wanted to go back ever since. He's not a hunter, but now that he's retired he likes to come out for a trip a year just to camp and make up for time we lost when I was younger. So, I think with my $1000, and whatever else I'd have to kick in, I'd take my dad to Alaska, even if we didn't hunt. At least some fishing would be cool, but it would be dad's trip, so whatever he wanted.

Last edited:
$1000

Well, I had an extra $1000 laying around this year thanks to a few poker tournaments. I just spent it. I figured that I was just gonna go out and blow it anyways so I spent it on the Nevada dream tags. Figured they can spend it on various things rather than me just going and spending it elsewhere.

I asked the question and I should have answered it. With an extra grand laying around I think I would be ordering a new smoke pole...I don't necessarily need one, I want one, lol.

I'd get a third SUP so the three of us each have our own, and I work even more on my core strength for packing stuff.:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back