Ibex-alope down!

EliAGrimmett

This is J.D. Woods with his New Mexico ibex that should rank as the new #4 in the world at 116 3/8 SCI with a 49" long horn and a 9 7/8" base!

WoodsIbexNM2010.jpg
EliandDesHikingOut.jpg
09_11_Ibex_Hunt_196-Edit-Edit-w640-h640.jpg
09_11_Ibex_Hunt_239-w640-h640.jpg
09_11_Ibex_Hunt_276-Edit-w640-h640.jpg
FloridasYucca.jpg
Floridas1.jpg
Rockhound_Trailer_Park.jpg

Last edited:
Great job

Here my friend and his son Zach's 2009 Ibex.

49 3/8 on the long side, 47 ish on the other.

Attachments

• 2009IbexZachshunt025.jpg
    2009IbexZachshunt025.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 3,674
Awesome critter, was not aware they were in New Mexico. Might have to look into them in the future.

Awesome Ibex Eli! Congrats to the hunter. I plan to drive over there to take some pics and check those things out soon. Are they pretty concentrated this time of year or spread all over the range?

Last edited:
Cool critters!

I was aware NM has aoudad, and oryx, but hadn't a clue they had the ibex!

Public or private land? If public, is it a draw like the oryx?

Spitz: They're all over the mountain, but usually in decent size herds.

T Bone: It's nearly all public land (at least it's accessible to the public, I haven't actually looked at a land status map to see.) This particular hunter was one of the two Auction Tag holders in the state. Other than these two tags it's all draw as there are no landowner tags available.

Cool critters!

I was aware NM has aoudad, and oryx, but hadn't a clue they had the ibex!

Public or private land? If public, is it a draw like the oryx?

Public land, it is like the oryx draw in that it's a OIL tag, only nigh onto impossible to odds, especially since I'll be drawing one of them this year. ;)

Awesome Ibex, Ibex is one of my favorite hunts. Congratulations.

From the Regs:

"General License Information
There are two types of ibex licenses available: an over-the-counter and a draw license. Hunters must have an ibex license with a valid tag.

Draw License Fees
License fee type is Standard (S).
Resident $113 Nonresident $1,637
Hunters must apply by April 7, 2010. Anyone applying for an ibex draw license, MUST pay the full license and application fee when making application. Fees include a nonrefundable application fee and the Depredation Damage Stamp fee. Habitat Stamps are required for hunting, fishing, and trapping on U.S. Forest Service and BLM lands and must be purchased separately. A Habitat Management and Access Validation is required and must be purchased separately."

--Bill

That's my dream hunt right there, except overseas.
Great looking Ibex.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_allen7
Back