PEAX Equipment

I upset a feminist

My old 83 Tacoma wore the name Annie from the movie Misery.. due to the fact I was always left stranded in the middle of nowhere threatening to kill me and the fact she had her an extremely bad temper around others.
However, in the passenger side floor board if you wanted to move the old road sign you had free air and AC if you didnt mind the hole.

Honestly, I’m disappointed 😔 I thought we were gonna get @noharleyyet to diagram a sentence using it as every part of speech.

Active verb, personal pronoun as object, subject pronoun, adjective, noun.
(Under funded TX public school version)

1. Extreme diss
2. To the point
3. Abrupt end to a phone call

*UD

Yes, there are t shirts available.

Most feminist I have known or have interacted with have a chip on their shoulder and an axe to grind. They walk around fully cocked and looking to point out any possible slight including those they have made up to chum the water. Calling something a “she” is a term of endearment that is used by both men and women to describe something they hold in high regard Like our wives , girlfriends and mothers. If thats an insult or offensive then your a troubled soul. Seek some counseling immediately and spare the rest of us the brain damage.

Most feminist I have known or have interacted with have a chip on their shoulder and an axe to grind. They walk around fully cocked and looking to point out any possible slight including those they have made up to chum the water. Calling something a “she” is a term of endearment that is used by both men and women to describe something they hold in high regard Like our wives , girlfriends and mothers. If thats an insult or offensive then your a troubled soul. Seek some counseling immediately and spare the rest of us the brain damage.
There are a lot of a-holes out there, all the a-holes I have known or have interacted with have a chip on their shoulder and an axe to grind.

It's crazy to me how many people want to give you a hard time out in public when you are just trying to get through the day. In my mind anyone who is looking for any possible slight to chum the water, on any side of an issue is a turd.

There are a lot of a-holes out there, all the a-holes I have known or have interacted with have a chip on their shoulder and an axe to grind.

It's crazy to me how many people want to give you a hard time out in public when you are just trying to get through the day. In my mind anyone who is looking for any possible slight to chum the water, on any side of an issue is a turd.
I think its a common trait with most activists. Confrontation and attention are pushed to the forefront and any meaningful change gets diluted down with their BS. Turd is a dang good description.

Guys and Gals

Thank you for all the great posts, You have brought laughter and memories, to myself as well as to people not on the forum.

The two ladies who were wth me that morning laughed out load and one got a bit misty eyed when we listened to the tune 2Rocky posted. "Oh, my husband loved that song" ( all three of us are widows )

You guys and gals posted--- Rodney, George, Barracuda, charm school, military truck, Jack ( remove reason and accountability ), picture of Manta Ray, She is a stud, vehicle names, swiss army knife, speaks paving contractor , fly rods, the Edsel/Studebker

and see if anyone connects this to a post. One of my ancient friends said when she saw one post, "remember christy Brinkley in the Ferrari ?"

Thanks to you all !:love:

And I will leave you with this. I have discussed this with some on the forum and it was suggested I share it with all.

My husband use to say: "I want a broad, just like the broad, that married dear old dad, and I did !"

Today he would be tarred and feathered if he uttered those words in public --but his mother and I understood his meaning and we loved him

@Europe April I'll be honest, I didn't read through all 6 pages so this has the possibility to be redundant.

I've always referred to the older cars in the feminine, but in terms of endearment, not superiority. Eleanor comes to mind. Seems aquatic vessels have womens names for good luck.

If you ever happen to encounter young ladies like that again, ask them if they refer to earth as "mother"....

On a tangent of Righteous Indignation

I recall meeting Tippi Hedren who starred in Alfred Hitchcocks "The Birds" filmed in Bodega Bay. I commented to her publicist how ironic it was that they had the meet and greet on the opening day of Dove Season. To which she huffily replied "We don't joke about killing animals". I just smiled and chuckled. She took my money anyway.

the-birds-tippi-hedren.jpg

1622821924799.png

Last edited:
Life has become so easy on a day to day basis that we need to find things to be upset about. We have a natural drive to push forward but what happens when there is little resistance.

I imagine you had more pressing matters to worry about when you were her age?

I guess I’m a little too close to my work. When I’m explaining how my circuits work I refer to a transistor as “this little guy,” but one day I added (after a pause) “or gal, I don’t want to be sexist.” My workmates laughed but still had a hard time understanding my circuit.

This thread is great. Makes you think about the "why". Why do we name any inanimate object? My guess is it was something way before any of us were around and the human mind likes to create a comfortable perceived world. I have done some research on this and I am pretty sure Americans tend to call vessels "she" and Russians tend to call them "he". Makes me believe the gender we attach to something is cultural. Or we are all just sexist bigots.

As a kid I named my 1977 Jeep CJ7 the buckin bronco. Damn thing almost killed me so many times. Did not deserve a female name.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back