Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

I just got to explain the Wyoming G&F draw to the wife.

Kevin W

As many of you know I have been planning a first time Antelope hunt for my 12 year old son and I for this coming fall; dependent of course on us drawing tags. Well today I came home and my wife was asking about the four hundred and some odd dollar charge on the credit card bill that came today charges labeled Wyoming G&F. To say she was a bit confused would be an understatement as she didn't understand why I had to pay before we even drew tags. (Keep in mind this is my son's and My first out of state hunt) I told her paying the monies up front isn't even the confusing part and went into trying to explain that selecting a really good unit to draw first choice with 0 points, then try to find a good second choice option and a reasonable third choice option to go with the first choice was no picnic. She didn't see any humor in my reply and then asked if this was the ONLY money we would need for licenses on this adventure. I didn't have the nerve to tell her that I was waiting for the draw results in June and over the counter doe tag options before deciding what and how many doe tags that we would try for in July when the tags go on sale. (I am thinking 2 doe tags for my son and one for me would be a reasonable number; permit availability dependent of course). Anyway atleast I know the application is in the Wyoming G&F system!!! I should also mention in an effort to promote good karma for the hunt last week I also purchased a new Savage model 11 .243 with the BDC scope package for my son's 12th birthday (to be given to him this coming April). Fingers crossed for good news in June!!!

Good luck. You used the proper technique by asking forgiveness rather than permission. She will get over it ...... just a matter of when. ;)

Good luck. You used the proper technique by asking forgiveness rather than permission. She will get over it ...... just a matter of when. ;)

I'm about 3 clicks away from booking a flight for a hunt my wife doesn't even know about yet.

And I thought I was playing with fire last year...

Good luck dustinf, if we don't here from you for awhile we will know why.:D

Nope

Did you tell her about the habitat stamp? Have a fun hunt in Wyoming.

good luck to all
the dog

Nope, I didn't tell her about the new range finder I am going to have to buy this summer either, nor did I mention the two packs that I will need to pick up. Kind of tough going from pheasants to antelope without gearing up!!!

Kevin slow and steady wins the race.

Oh, every cent you spend hunting with your son,will be the best money you ever spend.

Best of luck to you and the boy on your hunt and make sure''Mom'' understands how important this time with him is.

wish you the best of luck. you do realize there will be quite a long honey do list when you get back though. well worth it

Oh, every cent you spend hunting with your son,will be the best money you ever spend.

Spook is dead on with that statement, not only is it true, but once you explain that to your wife she may well encourage you to go on future hunts as well. My wife has always been very supportive of me going hunting, especially if our sons are involved - she even suggests possible hunts to take the boys on and they're adults now.

I had the opportunity to book a reduced rate mountain goat hunt in 2008 with an excellent outfitter. I asked my wife what she thought about it, and she said I probably shouldn't do it.

So I asked her again, and she said I probably shouldn't do it, but go ahead and do whatever I wanted. So I booked the hunt. :D

And I shot a B&C goat. Now when when I tell others the goat story in front of her, she says, "now is when you should say, 'it's a good thing I didn't listen to my wife!'"

Oak, I just read your post to my wife and we both got a good laugh out of it. :D

We were just at the Boise Sportsmans Expo Sat night (first time at an expo for either of us) and she walked by a full body mount goat that looked really nicely done and she turned to me and said, "honey, if you ever shoot one of those I give you permission to get a full mount." :hump: I didn't even know she knew what kind of animal it was. Now if I could just draw a tag...

My wife got a kick out of that story as well. She is always a supporter of taking the kids to do stuff outdoors...within financial reason! Good luck on the draws, and good choice on the gun. I got my daughter a the same setup in a 7mm-08 for her first year and it was a great fit. I'm pretty sure I'll be picking up the same setup you have for my next daughter.

You're gonna own another way gay lap dog shortly.

????

13074274-120C-4DEE-A85A-559583DA2635-6939-000005E2EF7D31C9.jpg

Just be sure to keep after those applications. After awhile they get used to them. Kinda like the toilet seat. Leave it up enough times and they quit getting mad about it. ;) :D

I had the opportunity to book a reduced rate mountain goat hunt in 2008 with an excellent outfitter. I asked my wife what she thought about it, and she said I probably shouldn't do it.

So I asked her again, and she said I probably shouldn't do it, but go ahead and do whatever I wanted. So I booked the hunt. :D

And I shot a B&C goat. Now when when I tell others the goat story in front of her, she says, "now is when you should say, 'it's a good thing I didn't listen to my wife!'"

nice Oak, I did the same on a hunt a couple of years ago, killed one of my best P&Y whitetails that evening. . .and when we talk about that buck. . .she chimes in with the same thing your wife said. I just grin and say it was the only time I haven't listened to my wife. . .thats usually when she rolls her eyes and leaves the room. lol.

Ha...I think every guy has a story like that. I remember when I found out I drew for NM deer a few years back and I never told my wife we put in for it. At application time she just gave birth to our son, so there was no way I was going to ask permission. Fin is right...they eventually get over it, BUT they dont forget it. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back