Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Hunt show gripes

Dang, being lumped into the outdoor TV producers club, I think it might be time to shut this operation down. Guilt by association is a tough load to carry.

Sounds like you guys want me to hire a "Billy Mays" of the hunting world to do a 2-minute infomercial in between commercial stretches.

I better start practicing my 1,000 yards rifle shots and now that my archery range is set up, I can shoot arrows that is like "throwing an axe through an animal."

Just give me a minute here, and I am sure I can come up with the smack daddy of 'em all........ le'me see 'ere. Oh yea, here we go.

Big Buck Down, Booyah! Boom shuckalucka!

How's that? :D

Thinking I need to get some rock star as the co-host, if this show is going to make another season. Well, maybe not, since they all seem to be taken, as are the country singers and wrestlers. Guess that leaves Lawnboy, Bugler, Oak, and NVLongbow to be the standups.

Maybe I can get some of you guys to take over the operation while I go fill in for Jimmy Big Time. If we filmed my family reunions in MN, it would make Jimmy and his crowd look like amateur hour. I wish Lackey was a free agent, we would sign him to a multi-year deal. Just something about short bald white guys who wear birth control glasses that makes for good humor, no matter what the show.

Really, I think Moosie should take over this operation and we can maybe get it signed on the Comedy Channel or Spike TV. That guy has TV talent, if ever we have seen it.

Anyhow, please carry on. You guys are giving me some great ideas to incorporate in the filming this coming season.

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout right there baby! :D:D:D

Fin,
you forgot to say that you "just put the smackdown on freaknasty" and the day you roll into camp in a prevost is the day I change the channel, for now you and your current co-stars are by far the only show worth watching! ...BBD baby:rolleyes:

Maybe I can get some of you guys to take over the operation while I go fill in for Jimmy Big Time. If we filmed my family reunions in MN, it would make Jimmy and his crowd look like amateur hour. I wish Lackey was a free agent, we would sign him to a multi-year deal. Just something about short bald white guys who wear birth control glasses that makes for good humor, no matter what the show.

I actually enjoy Jimmy Big Time. The fun he pokes at all these so called pro staffers is funny and deserving.

Really, I think Moosie should take over this operation and we can maybe get it signed on the Comedy Channel or Spike TV. That guy has TV talent, if ever we have seen it.

Dress him up in a Tiffany outfit. You are missing the female component that "ALL" the shows have these days.

Jimminey Christmas!, Jimminey Christmas! What a Buck! Ha Ha Ha Cough!, Cough! Let me tell ya Folks, Here is what we did..Cough! We set up on this Buck's Bedroom and put out some BKS stinky stuff and used my BKS rattle bag while using our BKS Grunt call........all of this is on our website, Cough, cough, wheeze.......LOL John

I'll say it again, as i said on a prior thread, stan potts is the biggest fool of them all. fell from the geek tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Keith Warren is right there with ol Stan.

well said, and agreed, I am working with a 14yr old kid now whose family doesn't and never hunted but he is into archery so I decided to help where i can, he's a good kid! ....but he is so tainted and has such unreal expectations that i doubt he will make through a whole season. The whitetail hunts he watches are so jaded its not even close to reality and makes kids think a 170 is gonna step out behind every tree every ten minutes or so:rolleyes:
I agree as well.The outdoor programing is pathetic at best. I am also working with a 21 year old guy who has no family involved in hunting or archery and this guy is doing great. I have educated him to the best of my ability about the outdoor programing and he totally gets it. I introduced him to the OYOA web site and tv show and he loves it...Hey Randy...another L I Yankee on board...

Jimminey Christmas!, Jimminey Christmas! What a Buck! Ha Ha Ha Cough!, Cough! Let me tell ya Folks, Here is what we did..Cough! We set up on this Buck's Bedroom and put out some BKS stinky stuff and used my BKS rattle bag while using our BKS Grunt call........all of this is on our website, Cough, cough, wheeze.......LOL John

We'll go find him right after a word from our sponsor.

DRAFTSTUD you need a cough silencer:eek:

My pet peeve is the "this is what hunting is all about" line.....that after he drove to a fancy ranch, got up at the crack of 10 am, rode out to the trailer-house-on-stilts in some off road buggy that costs more than my truck, sat there for at least 15 minutes before the feeder started whirring and 45 cattl.....err deer come running out of the brush.

Oh, and "shooter buck" is another term that I hate.

Ya know, I can name most of not all of Randy's sponsors and he doesnt flaunt them at every opportunity. I really find myself LESS likely to buy some product that is rammed down my throat.

Randy, dont change a thing, you are doing it right. Well, you could put your guest in a bikini....no, on second thought, dont do that!

Dang, how did I forget all that Roger can teach us? That is good John; real good.

I 'spose I could teach people how to tie their shoes and call it the "Newberg" way. Or, how to turn on their blinker while driving down the road and call it the "Newberg" way. Or, have Moosie show people how to hunt while doing handstands and call it the "Moosie" way. Or ......

And then I could do some sort of tongue speak hyper-babble that comes from the "spirit of the hunter;" the blood brothers; the (insert whatever sort of non-sensical term will make viewers think I have mixed quaaludes and caffine) ...... as we walk up to the near-tame critter that we just shot from the same tree stand as the previous four mixed-breed Americanized African animals. ;)

Hell with all that stuff, we need Lackey. Lackey! Lackey! Lackey!

Dang, how did I forget all that Roger can teach us? That is good John; real good.

I 'spose I could teach people how to tie their shoes and call it the "Newberg" way. Or, how to turn on their blinker while driving down the road and call it the "Newberg" way. Or, have Moosie show people how to hunt while doing handstands and call it the "Moosie" way. Or ......

And then I could do some sort of tongue speak hyper-babble that comes from the "spirit of the hunter;" the blood brothers; the (insert whatever sort of non-sensical term will make viewers think I have mixed quaaludes and caffine) ...... as we walk up to the near-tame critter that we just shot from the same tree stand as the previous four mixed-breed Americanized African animals. ;)

Hell with all that stuff, we need Lackey. Lackey! Lackey! Lackey!

Hey Fin any chance of you adding a 20 something hot blonde as a hunting partner?

Guys have you also noticed the influx of advertisements that are being built into commercial television programming? Shows like "Bones" that tout the Toyota Prius, and "Rizzolli and Isles" that promote Dr. Scholls? Since those two and "NCIS" are about the only network tv programs I watch other than football and NASCAR, they just happen to be the ones I've noticed. Hell, even some of the newest movies also include advertising. I understand that a lot of the outdoors programming must have sponsorship in order to be on one of the four major outdoors networks, I also get tired of the back-to-back-back-to-back commercials, but have y'all noticed it's just as bad if not worse on every channel; and the History Channel, and A&E or even worse!!!!! And now to add insult to injury, I understand that even the NFL will allow sponsorship on their team jerseys!!!!!!!!!!!!

My biggest complaint with hunting shows is that by far, the majority are only about archery or crossbow hunting ( something this old geechee doesn't do). Doesn't anyone, other than Fin, still hunt with a center fire rifle any longer? Even Jim Shockey and Gregg Ritz seem to have lost their muzzle loaders!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate it when the program shows the hunter stalking his prey then just before the animal is taken they go to a break, only to rewind the previous 5 minutes leading up to the animal being taken after the break!

Give me a "break", by not making me sit through that again, that's just cheating on the production of the show, and I feel insulted when that happens.

I am getting to the point that I watch fewer of these shows that are only worried about how big the antlers are. I like watching OYOA and some others that just hunt for the hunt and are not worried as much about how big the rack or skull is.

As goofy as Fred Eichler is, I have to admit that I like him for the hunter that he is. He is just as tickled with a little critter as he is a monster and that is the way it should be. I have friends that drive me crazy with their quest for the "ONE". BS! Give me the does and cows and I will eat like a king. I like a big buck as much as the next guy, but it is totally irrelevant to me in the big picture.

I used to hunt an area in Colorado that had lots of elk and very few decent bulls. It amazed me how many people paid the exorbitant fee for a bull. I ran a bull to a guy from Pennsylvania one year and he shot it. I walked up on him and he was elated at the 6x6 he got that had 90 cows with him. I told him that it was not even a good satellite bull in New Mexico and I don't think he appreciated it. He said that it was the best bull he had seen shot in the several years he had been hunting out there. I just congratulated him and walked off-amazing!

I ran a bull to a guy from Pennsylvania one year and he shot it. I walked up on him and he was elated at the 6x6 he got that had 90 cows with him. I told him that it was not even a good satellite bull in New Mexico and I don't think he appreciated it. He said that it was the best bull he had seen shot in the several years he had been hunting out there. I just congratulated him and walked off-amazing!

You sound like a fun guy to be around.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back