Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Hunt show gripes

As for us Southerners, we don't hold a candle to all of those Mid-Western "people of Wal-Mart". Maybe it's the attitude of certain people towards our traditions and way of life that keep Dixie alive and well in our hearts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shush rhomas, if stereotyping'll help keep them know it all sumbishes north of the gnat line, who are we to spoil their party?;):D

Last edited:
I suppose that the Western hunters, like Jim Burnwerth who make those 1000 yard shots are much better role models for youngsters than people like Waddell, Rutledge, Spook, etc.??????

I also interpret the laws about carrying someone else's tags to mean actually USING tags that don't belong to the hunter!!!! I can't imagine a game warden making a case against a parent that has his child's tags for safekeeping!!!!!!!

As for us Southerners, we don't hold a candle to all of those Mid-Western "people of Wal-Mart". Maybe it's the attitude of certain people towards our traditions and way of life that keep Dixie alive and well in our hearts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, Bill Miller had nothing to do with the founding of the NAHC, it was started back in 1977 by Paul and Steve Burke. Miller only came on after the NAMG bought the NAHC, NAFC, and several other companies from the British Company that owned them from the mid 80's til the mid 90's. I am an original Charter Member, as well as a Life Member of the NAHC, and as evidenced by my signature line a member of several other organizations. I will agree on the SNA, since I used to also be one of their members. I will also add that I've experienced more hostility towards Southerners and Easterners on this site than any other site I've ever participated on!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have not had any hostility from anyone on here as of yet....

I will also add that I've experienced more hostility towards Southerners and Easterners on this site than any other site I've ever participated on!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got nothing against southern cousin humping hicks or eastern tenderfoots.

Me neither. Just don't act like you own the woods. I have met lots of good guys in the woods from Wisconsin, Na Yawk and other places. Don't go out with a chip on your shoulder and everybody is fine. On the same hunt that Spook12 took such offense at, I met a guy from Wisconsin that was a real kick in the ass. We sat and talked for a long time about his "elk drives" around the mountain. Cracked me up "don't cha know!".

My friends from the south always crack jokes about how I talk, how I dress, and ask me to talk like the people in the movie, Fargo.

Fair enough. I am a blue-eyed squarehead, with a thick northern accent. I have no problem wearing a Mad Bomber hat, and when I wear shorts on TV, it blows out the white balance on the cameras. I can live with the harassment, probably deserved.

Those guys always ask me, in total seriousness, why people outside of Dixie crack so many jokes about southerners. Do they not go to the movies or watch TV? Evidence attached.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8

That clip, is not too endearing of the southern lifestyle. Hollywood has done the south no favors. And given the impression some posted here, it seems the same can be said for outdoor TV.

Two of the South's favorite sons, Jeff Foxworthy and Larry the Cable Guy, have made a fortune poking fun at their kin folk, yet if a northerner does the same, ....... :rolleyes:

My brother in-law is from Arkansas. A really good guy. Even if I do get a kick out of his thirst for iced tay. Or, is it sweet tay?

Lighten up and carry on ........

That's what noth'ners with ugly cousins say. Makes em covet their neighbors.

Below the belt, that was a vacant lot when I built my house......... I had no idea what was to come:eek:

Thou Shall not covet thy neighbors wife:D

Those guys always ask me, in total seriousness, why people outside of Dixie crack so many jokes about southerners. Do they not go to the movies or watch TV? Evidence attached.

You sure do got a purty mouth:D

As always on the WWW lighten up is a sure bet.

That's not the clip from that movie that Dink is endeared to.:D

See above. Squealing like what?

..with lemon, thank you....always thank you.

That is the real problem with Texans. They stick up for the south AND Texas. Hurry up and get to Cauliraddduh so we talk about Texans with no unneeded interruptions.

Last edited:
Watch your step Dink, I've yeilded Jose proxy to defend Mother Texas in my absence.

My friends from the south always crack jokes about how I talk, how I dress, and ask me to talk like the people in the movie, Fargo.

Fair enough. I am a blue-eyed squarehead, with a thick northern accent. I have no problem wearing a Mad Bomber hat, and when I wear shorts on TV, it blows out the white balance on the cameras. I can live with the harassment, probably deserved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8

That clip, is not too endearing of the southern lifestyle. Hollywood has done the south no favors. And given the impression some posted here, it seems the same can be said for outdoor TV.

Two of the South's favorite sons, Jeff Foxworthy and Larry the Cable Guy, have made a fortune poking fun at their kin folk, yet if a northerner does the same, ....... :rolleyes:

My brother in-law is from Arkansas. A really good guy. Even if I do get a kick out of his thirst for iced tay. Or, is it sweet tay?

Larry the Cable Guy grew up in eastern Nebraska. He just acts like a southern hillbilly. Notice the "N" on the chain he usually wears around his neck.

i suppose that the western hunters, like jim burnwerth who make those 1000 yard shots are much better role models for youngsters than people like waddell, rutledge, spook, etc.??????

I also interpret the laws about carrying someone else's tags to mean actually using tags that don't belong to the hunter!!!! I can't imagine a game warden making a case against a parent that has his child's tags for safekeeping!!!!!!!

As for us southerners, we don't hold a candle to all of those mid-western "people of wal-mart". Maybe it's the attitude of certain people towards our traditions and way of life that keep dixie alive and well in our hearts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, bill miller had nothing to do with the founding of the nahc, it was started back in 1977 by paul and steve burke. Miller only came on after the namg bought the nahc, nafc, and several other companies from the british company that owned them from the mid 80's til the mid 90's. I am an original charter member, as well as a life member of the nahc, and as evidenced by my signature line a member of several other organizations. I will agree on the sna, since i used to also be one of their members. I will also add that i've experienced more hostility towards southerners and easterners on this site than any other site i've ever participated on!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont give yourself a hernia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Maybe some of the distorted ideas about the South are because the liberal film makers in Hollywood are like Harriet Beecher Stowe, who never set foot in the South! BTW, "Deliverance" was supposed to be in the foothills of Appalachia, the poorest, most backwards part of the US.

And it's ice tea........no need to specify sugar or lemon, and don't go looking for iced coffee, either!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know.... the North won the South.......lets not start that again! :D

Last edited:
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back