Yeti GOBOX Collection

Hunt show gripes

Its funny you should make that comment sbhooper, i happen to be a bit overweight, and I am an OZARK HILLBILLY but I'm guessing all you know about hillbillies is the stereotypes you see on tv shows. I happen to be very literate, with a higher than average IQ, and able to do what is necessary in the woods to provide for my family in an ethical manner......illiterate hillbillies? I don't think so!

I suppose that the Western hunters, like Jim Burnwerth who make those 1000 yard shots are much better role models for youngsters than people like Waddell, Rutledge, Spook, etc.??????

They're all tards. Every last one of them. For some reason, there seems to be more southern boys starting up hunting shows. Maybe thats the problem.

But to get to the point, if you can't see the difference between chasing an elk up 2000 vertical feet of snowy mountain side and sitting in a box blind over a corn flinger, you probably wouldn't understand why westerners don't think Waddell is worth listenting to.

Last edited:
C'm on boys...cant we all just get along.....Me personally, I would never take a 1000 yd shot no matter how much I practiced.....and as for Waddell...he is No role model...didnt he get caught with his pants down in the not so distant past with the camera mans wife????? Please correct me if I am wrong.....

What's wrong with sitting in a box blind over bait? If it's legal, then take advantage of it; especially since we don't have any elk or 2000 feet vertical snow covered mountain sides. We've got swamps that only a few white men have ever set foot in and those swamps are full of 'gators and other reptiles that can kill you!!!!!!!!

I would also have to believe that all of those "good ole boys" that are getting more opportunities to host hunting programs, must be bringing in a lot of revenue to their sponsors and respective networks. They wouldn't have their programs if they didn't!

I know plenty of hunters, myself included, that wouldn't ever have an opportunity to shoot a deer if it weren't for food plots, corn piles, and running hounds. I would also bet that I kill more deer per year than a lot of people ever get to see!!!! Travis (my 15 year old step-grandson who I've raised as my own) would probably starve if it weren't for the deer and other game we kill. How many others on here, actually depend on hunting to provide for their families? On top of that, have you seen the price of seed, fertilizer, lime, fuel, and yes, corn lately??????????????

What's wrong with sitting in a box blind over bait? If it's legal, then take advantage of it; especially since we don't have any elk or 2000 feet vertical snow covered mountain sides. We've got swamps that only a few white men have ever set foot in and those swamps are full of 'gators and other reptiles that can kill you!!!!!!!!

I would also have to believe that all of those "good ole boys" that are getting more opportunities to host hunting programs, must be bringing in a lot of revenue to their sponsors and respective networks. They wouldn't have their programs if they didn't!

I know plenty of hunters, myself included, that wouldn't ever have an opportunity to shoot a deer if it weren't for food plots, corn piles, and running hounds. I would also bet that I kill more deer per year than a lot of people ever get to see!!!! Travis (my 15 year old step-grandson who I've raised as my own) would probably starve if it weren't for the deer and other game we kill. How many others on here, actually depend on hunting to provide for their families? On top of that, have you seen the price of seed, fertilizer, lime, fuel, and yes, corn lately??????????????

Thats exactly the kind of bullshit I'm talking about.

Its fine that people hunt over corn flingers. I just don't see why they should get their own hunting show. I think hosting a show should go to badasses that know how to kill game. Correction: hunt game.

Its funny you should make that comment sbhooper, i happen to be a bit overweight, and I am an OZARK HILLBILLY but I'm guessing all you know about hillbillies is the stereotypes you see on tv shows. I happen to be very literate, with a higher than average IQ, and able to do what is necessary in the woods to provide for my family in an ethical manner......illiterate hillbillies? I don't think so!

Panties bunching again-are they? There are plenty of illiterates running around everywhere. It just seems like most of the ones on TV seem to be from the south.:p

Last edited:
I think that is because we have such lenghty seasons as opposed to the short seasons in the west. Bubba can go out west before our seasons even start. John

Not sure if your seeing serious or not there Draftstud, but I think our seasons are pretty long here in Montana. I get to start hunting deer and antelope on August 15, with the main deer and elk archery season starting on the 1st of september. I can hunt deer and elk with my bow until the 15th of January, wolves until mid March, and Lions until April. That is just about when turkey and bear seasons start and bear doesn't end until mid June in some places. I can potential get 7 deer, 2 elk, 3 antelope, 1 bear, 1 lion, 2 turkeys, 1 swan, a few cranes, countless ducks, geese, pheasants, and grouse, and if I am lucky in the draw a moose, sheep, or mountain goat. Oh yeah, and if I can squeeze it in there is some great fishing and trapping. We can also hunt coyotes, foxes, badgers, ect year round.

Not sure if your seeing serious or not there Draftstud, but I think our seasons are pretty long here in Montana. I get to start hunting deer and antelope on August 15, with the main deer and elk archery season starting on the 1st of september. I can hunt deer and elk with my bow until the 15th of January, wolves until mid March, and Lions until April. That is just about when turkey and bear seasons start and bear doesn't end until mid June in some places. I can potential get 7 deer, 2 elk, 3 antelope, 1 bear, 1 lion, 2 turkeys, 1 swan, a few cranes, countless ducks, geese, pheasants, and grouse, and if I am lucky in the draw a moose, sheep, or mountain goat. Oh yeah, and if I can squeeze it in there is some great fishing and trapping. We can also hunt coyotes, foxes, badgers, ect year round.

Mostly speaking of How Colorado and New Mexico seasons are set up, 5 days or 7 days. That is what I was meaning along with being a NR. John

The other night I watched a teenage kid, dressed head to toe in sitka, carrying a $6500 long range rifle, shoot an antelope on a guided hunt.

What a joke.

belly-deep, how many bucks did you kill last year, and how many others did you pass on?

I passed on at least 8, put 6 in my freezer and 3 in the freezers of people I donated deer to. Then of course there was the one doe I culled form my herd, along with several bobcats, foxes, and 'yotes. All were either in the deep swamp, or on one of my 10 food plots.

Since we all are members of the hunting brotherhood, why do you feel that your methods are any more valid than mine? Regardless of the method employed, as long as it's legal, it's hunting. Spot and stalk is a great method in an area where the terrain allows a hunter to utilize that method..........which by the way, also includes using bait such as natural food sources, the rut, water, trails, etc. We do the same, but in order to do it, we must use food plots, bait piles and dogs in order to get the deer out of the most impenetrable and dangerous swamps. I've hosted hunters from other states, and they are amazed at just how difficult it is to even spot a deer in our habitat, much less shoot at and kill one. I've even converted a few who were opposed to hunting deer with dogs; they now wish that they could do that in their home state!!!!!

belly-deep, how many bucks did you kill last year, and how many others did you pass on?

I passed on at least 8, put 6 in my freezer and 3 in the freezers of people I donated deer to. Then of course there was the one doe I culled form my herd, along with several bobcats, foxes, and 'yotes. All were either in the deep swamp, or on one of my 10 food plots.

Since we all are members of the hunting brotherhood, why do you feel that your methods are any more valid than mine? Regardless of the method employed, as long as it's legal, it's hunting. Spot and stalk is a great method in an area where the terrain allows a hunter to utilize that method..........which by the way, also includes using bait such as natural food sources, the rut, water, trails, etc. We do the same, but in order to do it, we must use food plots, bait piles and dogs in order to get the deer out of the most impenetrable and dangerous swamps. I've hosted hunters from other states, and they are amazed at just how difficult it is to even spot a deer in our habitat, much less shoot at and kill one. I've even converted a few who were opposed to hunting deer with dogs; they now wish that they could do that in their home state!!!!!

You're looney, man.

I said in my last post I have no problems with you hunting over a corn flinger. But you'll never convince me it takes skill to do it.

Somehow I missed this thread while I was gone for a few days. I finally read it all and it kept me mildly entertained.

All I have to say is; "Thank you, Randy, for the show you put on the air for us to enjoy." Oh, and for this entertaining and sometimes informative website too. ;)

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dulcedom
Back