Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

How to get a carnival ride at Yellowstone

Entitlement generation spurred by snowflake gen = bison charged with parenting.

"Get off my lawn!"

I think she stuck the landing

A lot of the responses so far have taken on this type of “joking” approach ... I can’t seem to find anything funny about a 9 year old girl getting thrown. Regardless of how ignorant her parents are to the dangers of a bison.

Disappointing guys . Just disappointing

I saw this earlier today. The only thing it made me feel was anger at the parents. I'm probably being a little extreme but the parents deserve to have a the kid taken away, or at least a long, long talk from CPS. The little girl could have been killed in a flash and there is not a thing anyone could have done.

I love how the parents bail and leave her to fend for herself. Good stuff.

I hope you were just using words loosely .

“Loving parents leaving a small child to defend herself “

If this is how hunt talkers respond . I’m done with this place.

@riley It's gallows humor, a " cognitive and/or behavioral coping strategy which is considered by many to be a reaction to stress events."¹ If you find this type of humor distasteful, then don't engage with it on the forum. If that means you need to leave the forum that is your prerogative.

¹Maxwell, W. (2003). The use of gallows humor and dark humor during crisis situation. International Journal of Emergency Mental Health, 5(2), 93-98.

I mean really, that wild bison must be a problem animal with it charging tourists that get within 10 feet. Maybe he’ll move off park in a couple of months and one the lucky HTers to pull a bison tag will teach him a lesson. Or would that be bad because that bull is now famous and he was just doing what comes naturally and folks would then be up in arms if he was killed a la Cecil the lion. Ugh, ignorance hurts my head.

I am glad she was OK.

I hope you were just using words loosely .

“Loving parents leaving a small child to defend herself “

If this is how hunt talkers respond . I’m done with this place.

Riley, Hunt Talkers are in general a compassionate bunch, and there are lots of critical thinkers here...it's clear you have one of those traits, but need to practice the other. As for the video, those parents need a swift kick in the butt...

A lot of the responses so far have taken on this type of “joking” approach ... I can’t seem to find anything funny about a 9 year old girl getting thrown. Regardless of how ignorant her parents are to the dangers of a bison.

Disappointing guys . Just disappointing

The girl walked away with two valuable lessons learned. Nobody needs to apologize to your delicate sensibilities. If you really feel the need to walk away from the board over it, go on and do it, without all the soap box virtue signaling, thanks.

@riley It's gallows humor, a " cognitive and/or behavioral coping strategy which is considered by many to be a reaction to stress events."¹ If you find this type of humor distasteful, then don't engage with it on the forum. If that means you need to leave the forum that is your prerogative.

¹Maxwell, W. (2003). The use of gallows humor and dark humor during crisis situation. International Journal of Emergency Mental Health, 5(2), 93-98.
At the expense of a 9 year old, come on man .

Riley, Hunt Talkers are in general a compassionate bunch, and there are lots of critical thinkers here...it's clear you have one of those traits, but need to practice the other. As for the video, those parents need a swift kick in the butt...
Your right . Thanks

Man that bison went for the low hanging fruit on that one. How bout child neglect.. lol how u just gonna bail on a 9 year old little girl like that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back