Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

How to get a carnival ride at Yellowstone

In situations like these it usually helps to critically evaluate the situation and proceed with a measured approach. The parents should have done that, and we should do that with our reactions. Yes, the parents were very stupid/ignorant on a number of levels. Yes, everyone on here actually cares about the girl and hope she gets better soon. No, the parents don’t need to be thrown in jail. No, the jokes were not meant as mean spirited.

Had a similar situation happen on the Big Horns last week on my construction site. Group from PA driving a 70 ft motorhome towing a jeep stop to look at a massive bull moose 100 yards off the rode. By the time I pulled up, the dad, his son and daughter were 20 yards from the moose and sneaking as close as they could, got to within 20 feet before the moose had enough and wandered off into the willows. 100% thought I was about to see someone get trampled. The dad seemed put off when I mentioned that moose are dangerous. Oh well.
If that would have been a cow/calf...... mtmuley

Had a similar situation happen on the Big Horns last week on my construction site. Group from PA driving a 70 ft motorhome towing a jeep stop to look at a massive bull moose 100 yards off the rode. By the time I pulled up, the dad, his son and daughter were 20 yards from the moose and sneaking as close as they could, got to within 20 feet before the moose had enough and wandered off into the willows. 100% thought I was about to see someone get trampled. The dad seemed put off when I mentioned that moose are dangerous. Oh well.

I always root for the animal in these situations.

A few years ago, I was driving north to Anchorage on Rte 1 and stopped at one of the roadhouses for lunch. As I was leaving, another patron said there was a moose with a calf up the road and there was a bit of traffic jam. On my way, there in a road cut was a moose and a calf kind of backed up to the cliff of the road cut. Sure enough, there was a guy with a camera steadily inching forward trying to get closer to the moose. He was probably 30 yards from as I drove past. I didn't see if he made the news that night, but it certainly wasn't the brightest idea.

Neither were these bozos in Yellowstone. Sure, they're protected by the rock ... now.

I don’t like to see anyone get hurt but somehow it seems like justice when a Bison lands a blow every now and then after what the people did to their once great populations.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back