Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

how many rifles do own and how many do we use to hunt with each yr

I knew I would see another Hoosier with a Handi-rifle.....mine is in 44m :)

Not sure.. I'll add them up:

(1) J.C. Higgins Bolt (.22)
(1) Remington Pump (.22)
(1) S&W MP15-22 (.22)
(1) Howa Bolt (.223)
(1) AR15 (.223)
(1) Winchester 1894 Lever (.30-30)
(1) Mossberg Bolt (.30-06)
(1) H&R Single Shot (.357 Mag)
(1) Winchester 94 Lever (.45 Colt)
(1) AR15 (.450 Bushmaster)

So I guess 10 rifles. Also got 6 shotguns, a muzzleloader, and a pistol. Hunt some with all but the pistol but the .30-06 and the .450 Bushmaster get the most use.

i should also list my rifles for hunting here

1 rem model 722 chambered in 257 roberts
1 marlin lever in 444
1 savage 99 in 358
1 savage 99 in 250-3000
1 savage 99 in 308
1 cooper 21 in 221 fireball
3 coopers 21 in 25x47
1 ultra light arms in 25x47
1 ultra light arms in 416 express
1 ultra light arms action [ the only action melvin has ever sold ] in 35 wildcat
rem 700 mountain rifle in 6.5-284
a few shotguns in pump and over/under in 410,28,20,and 12

all the rifles but the 221 at 1 or another have taken from elk down to antelope
the 221 has only taken antelope,whitetail,mule deer, and coyotes

We own a few. I saw a news story a while back where the reporter said that they found an "ARSENAL" in the man's house, he had 5 rifles and ammo! I thought Hmmm!!!!

I knew I would see another Hoosier with a Handi-rifle.....mine is in 44m :)

Yep, they're good little guns :)

My .357 is perfect for starting young, female, and/or recoil sensitive shooters. I've killed several deer with it.

How many rifle I have depends on the day of the week and my various whims, and also time of year if I'm lending any out.

I'll generally hunt big game season with three rifles: a couple of .223's for deer, and whatever I grab for elk.

How many rifle I have depends on the day of the week and my various whims, and also time of year if I'm lending any out.

I'll generally hunt big game season with three rifles: a couple of .223's for deer, and whatever I grab for elk.

OK. how many safes?;)

We own a few. I saw a news story a while back where the reporter said that they found an "ARSENAL" in the man's house, he had 5 rifles and ammo! I thought Hmmm!!!!

I always laugh when they say "he had xxxxx of rounds in the house". The number is usually less than what is in my hunting rig when I clean it out after big game, upland and waterfowl seasons.

I always laugh when they say "he had xxxxx of rounds in the house". The number is usually less than what is in my hunting rig when I clean it out after big game, upland and waterfowl seasons.
I know, that's what kind of worries me with the current political ruling class.

yep pretty sad times when france has bigger balls then usa
i am keeping as many rounds loaded as i can and they are all being dipped in spam

One Big game Rifle - .300 Win Mag. For everything from Blacktail to Elk.

2 - .22's a single shot Remington and a Semi auto Remington Nylon

1 .223 a Howa I won at an Elk Dinner

1 Remington (forget the model) - 7mm-08 my daughters rifle.

JBM
This year I've used my old pre 64 300 that I got when I was in Jr high. Been awhile ;) I filled 2 Elk tags so far this year with it. In years past I've used only my 338 for the year. In another year an old friend of my Grandfathers pre 64 300. Then the same for my Dads pre 64 270 and my Uncles pre 64 270. You seeing a pattern here. Those old friends and relatives are no longer with me in body but their spirit is there and when I use their rifle it's like hunting with them. To some a rifle is a tool, to me it is a piece of history and I'm just the current keeper waiting for the next generation.
Dan

.22 Norinco - rabbits, hares, possums, misc small farm pests. dreadful gun, missfeeds more than it works.
.243 Howa - goats, wanted a bit more grunt than a .223 because the properties I shoot goats on has the odd deer and pig wandering about and I don't quite trust myself dropping a red or a big boar with a .223
6.5x55 Tikka - everything else.

The properties I shoot goats on just had the chopper in and cleared over 700, went up for a look this weekend and only spotted 5 when we usually see up to a hundred and shoot 5-10, so may be time to sell the .243

Two Winchester model 70's a 30.06 and a .375 H&H. One Remington 700 in 30.06. One Remington 600 in .243 and one Winchester 94 in .32 special. Two Ruger American rimfires, a .22LR and a .17 HMR. One Ruger 10/22. One Winchester 1890 in .22 long.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back