how many rifles do own and how many do we use to hunt with each yr

What else does one need?

I hope my wife doesn't see that! I am up to 14 rifles,2 muzzle loaders, 2 shotguns, and 5 pistols. And I have two more rifles in the process of being built.
I try to take all my hunting rifles out at least once during the season, but I do have some that I prefer over others.
I am getting really partial to a custom .257 Roberts that was a gift from my brother, it's a tack driver.

Hmm going up in caliber: I have a savage youth 22 mk2, marlin 22, M&P15-22, Bushmaster AR-15, 1930's model 99 300 savage (grandpa's gun that I wound up with), my only hunting rifle, a Savage 30-06 from the 90's, and old Steven's 12 ga. I guess I come from a Savage family but no one has really hunted in it since my dad quit 40 years ago.

I have a hard time justifying getting rid of the old lever action but I sure don't use it. I'd like to upgrade the marlin to a ruger 10/22 and someday get a SS 30-06.

I would like to add a Sako
I have a Sako 75 stainless synthetic, i will never sell it, not sure why, but the Sako 75 is preferred to the newer 85 where i live.

I hope my wife doesn't see that! I am up to 14 rifles,2 muzzle loaders, 2 shotguns, and 5 pistols. And I have two more rifles in the process of being built.
I try to take all my hunting rifles out at least once during the season, but I do have some that I prefer over others.
I am getting really partial to a custom .257 Roberts that was a gift from my brother, it's a tack driver.
I am just jealous, it's all i need in the UK, any other rifles/calibers i wish to add i have to convince the police i 'need' them

Cheers

Richard

Grandpas' Stevens ss 22 lr
Win 94 30-30
Rem 700 30-06
TC Omega 50 cal
Rem 870 shotgun 12 g

One rifle is what I hunt with now. Allows me to get more time on the bench. I also shoot one bullet size. Allows me to know how the bullet reacts in the wind and distance.

I used to use up to 3 rifles a year and up to two bullet sizes in one of the rifles. No more. I need bench time to keep my skills better than average. I am not a natural with a rifle. Shotgun, yes, rifle, no.

.338 Win Mag. 250 grain. Boom. Does well in the wind. Nasty drop out beyond 300 yards yet still carrying some impressive energy. Has worked well on elk, deer, pronghorn, mountain goat and aoudad plus one bighorn ewe.

In the gun safe gathering dust are three rifles that I very well may never shoot again and I am okay with that outcome.

Back