Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

How many of you hunt with a muzzle brake?

Do you hunt with a muzzle brake?

• Yes

Votes: 85 45.2%
  • No

Votes: 103 54.8%

• Total voters
Are you saying that if someone's brass happened to hit you--at a public shooting range--you would physically attack them? Because THEY are stupid and unreasonable? And if they don't shoot in the way that you personally approve of or use a weapon you don't like than they should have to buy their own land to do it? What if some public land hikers told you that if you wanted to hunt animals you should "buy your own land and then you can do whatever it is you want to do?"
I have had it with selfish, careless idiots who think they can do whatever comes to their feeble minds. Endanger others around you and you will suffer consequences. You spout off because no one has called you out on your BS.

Name a sub $1500 asset that you have to create a trust for, buy a stamp, and takes 4-9 months?

Like is your threshold for PITA buying a tiger?

You guys keep making it sound like the process is difficult. Yeah the wait sucks but the process is super simple. I waited 26 years to buy my first one, the 6 months longer I waited after submitting the paperwork wasn’t any big deal

I have always looked at recoil as being part of the game. Can't take it, switch to archery ... or billiards. Personally, I think many guys get brakes simply because it's something to get. Same guys will have every gizmo on the market built into or attached to their trucks. Tricking out stuff is a disease and the infection vector is advertising. Raising a family on a tight budget vaccinated me. I'm now financially in a position where I can afford unlimited crapola but fortunately I developed immunity a long time ago.

Last edited:
You guys keep making it sound like the process is difficult. Yeah the wait sucks but the process is super simple. I waited 26 years to buy my first one, the 6 months longer I waited after submitting the paperwork wasn’t any big deal
It’s illegal for 90 million Americans to own one how’s that “not difficult”?

I’ve sold and bought homes 100% online in less than a month.

I actually googled tigers… in Oklahoma it’s actually way easier to buy a tiger than a suppressor.

So in a bunch of states have people started expediting companies to facilitate suppressor ownership, yes. Is it now easier than ever before? Yes. Compared to every other consumer good is there way more to deal with absolutely.

Not to mention the added hassle of legally selling one.

I have a break on my Double Broomed Mountain Rifle in 280AI. Mostly to try to help spot shots and get back on target.
It is funny because when I've shot it without the break I always think the recoil isn't bad for a gun that light - then I shoot it with it on and say I won't take it off.

Definitely nice on those really light guns - but the sound sucks. Shot my first Caribou and my ears weren't back to normal for a few hours. I try to utilize hearing protection recently.

It’s illegal for 90 million Americans to own one how’s that “not difficult”?

I’ve sold and bought homes 100% online in less than a month.

I actually googled tigers… in Oklahoma it’s actually way easier to buy a tiger than a suppressor.

So in a bunch of states have people started expediting companies to facilitate suppressor ownership, yes. Is it now easier than ever before? Yes. Compared to every other consumer good is there way more to deal with absolutely.

Not to mention the added hassle of legally selling one.

I agree that the process is stupid. But I’m also happy that I have endured the absolutely dreadful process 4 different times. Money and time well spent for me and my family.

Theres a whole lot of red on this map...

F884379A-3358-45B7-A915-8A1756183A7C.jpeg

I wonder what some of these guys would have thought about muzzlebrakes: Jack O'Connor, Pete Brown, Townsend Whelen, Peter Hathaway-Capstick, John Taylor, Jim Corbett...
Only a partial list, but you get the idea.
I don't/won't use a muzzlebrake. If a gun has too much recoil (for me), out the door it goes and I look for another. I won't/wouldn't hunt with someone who has one on their rifle. Being in their vicinity when they took a shot would suck all the joy out of the hunt.
As far as using one on a youngster's first gun, I'd much rather get him shooting reduced loads while teaching him to shoot than introduce him to a muzzlebrake.

I have had it with selfish, careless idiots who think they can do whatever comes to their feeble minds. Endanger others around you and you will suffer consequences. You spout off because no one has called you out on your BS.
Wow ! Take a couple deep breaths Bud ...

When I show up at the shooting range with my trained tiger I bought in Oklahoma, no one dares to shoot close enough to me to shower me with brass. Shooters with brakes have been very accommodating when I tell them my tiger doesn’t like loud rifles and ask them to refrain from shooting near me.

The only difficulty is finding good hearing protection for a tiger. That makes wading through suppressor paperwork look like kindergarten art class.

Same here. 66 years old and tinnitus constantly in my ears (head?). Flight lines, rock concerts, shooting... What a dummy I was. I'm going to start another thread about "what do you wear for hearing protection while big game hunting" to see what I need to do about protecting what little hearing I have left.
My hearing is shot and been that way for years. Lost a lot of it in a mobile radar site in Europe in the late 60's. All the shooting I've done hasn't helped much either. I think that hearing protection isn't going to help a lot while hunting. Let's face it usually one or two shots and that it. But recreational shooting to include load development is probably hard on the ears! Then again rather than firing one or two shots at a deer over a season, you might fire 50 to 100 shot's a day recreational shooting. I didn't wear hearing aide's shooting because they annoyed me to tears wearing the things around then. A friend used to plug his ears with the filter off of filter cigarettes'. They seemed to work! But loss of hearing isn't all as bad as you might think. I was married back then and seldom heard the wife complain about anything! :)

I wonder what some of these guys would have thought about muzzlebrakes: Jack O'Connor, Pete Brown, Townsend Whelen, Peter Hathaway-Capstick, John Taylor, Jim Corbett...
Only a partial list, but you get the idea.
I don't/won't use a muzzlebrake. If a gun has too much recoil (for me), out the door it goes and I look for another. I won't/wouldn't hunt with someone who has one on their rifle. Being in their vicinity when they took a shot would suck all the joy out of the hunt.
As far as using one on a youngster's first gun, I'd much rather get him shooting reduced loads while teaching him to shoot than introduce him to a muzzlebrake.
Why would you assume they wouldn’t use certain modern technologies? We don’t know what they would think, and I won’t act like I know. I may guess Capstick would love to more easily keep his reliable double gun on a charging bull elephant, but I won’t make that inference. He used modern technology where he saw it useful for the time. Did you know he hunted baboons with a MAC-10, and it even sported a suppressor at times?
1637019260634.jpeg

Why would you assume they wouldn’t use certain modern technologies? We don’t know what they would think, and I won’t act like I know. I may guess Capstick would love to more easily keep his reliable double gun on a charging bull elephant, but I won’t make that inference. He used modern technology where he saw it useful for the time. Did you know he hunted baboons with a MAC-10, and it even sported a suppressor at times?
View attachment 201851
Corbett... ever the pragmatist
1637020931215.png

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back