How do you find a place to hunt?

Do you use kill photos to your advantage?

• Total voters
I am on that list. Have only once been even accused of it.. It was over a bear place in recent years & I seriously disagreed with the guy-a friend. How about you Matt? I have to find a new girl friend every fall so I can park an incognito vehicle in the canyon undetected from nutfleas looking for someplace to try hunting.

My comment wasn't an accusation if thats how you are taking it, .Hence the smiley face, figured you were probably on your list..............although I'm sensing some accusation back my way:confused: Hopefully I read into that wrong.....

As far as I know, I've never screwed up anyones hunting spot. I have had too many of my own areas screwed up by guys to do it to someone else.........

Matt-reading into it wrong for sure. I don't care where other guys hunt.

Chances are, if you can figure out from a couple pictures where a guy's at, so can a hundred other guys who also saw the same photos. Kind of lets the secret out on it.

I'll admit I've applied for different hard to draw tags after noting what units guys online are being successful in. I've never gone after a spot in an easy to draw or general area off of forum pictures though. Not sure if that's right or not, but that's what how I justify it in my head.

I guess it's one thing to note the scenery and try to figure out what range or valley they're in, but completely different to act on it and try to steal a spot.

I worry way more about guys stealing my spots than I should, but lately I've been getting paranoid about posting any scenery pictures on here or FB. Facebook seems especially dangerous for me considering I'm sharing everything with all the guys I went to high school with that still live in the same town and hunt the same country I do.

There's a tv show right now that's driving me nuts with their FB page, posting pictures of finding nice sheds and dead critters in a couple of my favorite spots. They're all but drawing directions with the scenery and comments.

Screw you bambistew!

here is a pic of bambistews shed spot! Go get em guys!

Last edited:
So.
If we were all 21 years old and I put up a picture of me with a drunk slutty blonde chick and you recognized the bar. None of you would show up next Friday night?

RIGHT.....................................

Friday? I'd be scouring that dive by Monday.....

Make sure you have your iPhone on airplane mode when you take your pics. Friends can point you in the right direction, but nothing is better than actually going to a new place yourself and finding new honey holes for the future.

As for followers, I might just rent a car this year and leave mine parked in a crappy hunting place : ).

I've really never paid to much attention to the background of a harvest shot. Take Critters latest bull for instance, It is next to impossible for me to see past the 400 inches of elk horn in the front of the pic to give a damn about the background.

If someone tells me, or I figure out a location, I wont go there unless I get the OK from that person as well. Its called having some class. There are some great guys that have helped me on this forum and if they tell me about a spot, I consider it their spot even if its public and wont go there without asking them first. I would hope for the same consideration as well ;)

absolutley. its a respect thing.

So.
If we were all 21 years old and I put up a picture of me with a drunk slutty blonde chick and you recognized the bar. None of you would show up next Friday night?

RIGHT.....................................

I support this message!

Now let's see some photos. :D

I think a bunch of low-lifes do it. That being said, it would be easy to "smoke and mirrors" people into thinking the photo was taken elsewhere. If I were Critter, I would send everyone and their mom's on a wild goosechase because, it seems, no hunting area is sacred. Just don't use words like "Delta" or "Montrose" cause the rest of us who do hunt that area, have to compete with the rest of the world who have now googled those locations. (Critter- I thought you shot that bull in UTAH... :rolleyes:) Anyway, I believe most hunters take pride in finding their own locations. I decided to find a new area, and looked at the accessibility to it. I was 4 miles in, and found two tents already set up. So, I put two more miles on. Not trying to sabotage an area, just found out other hunters are there too.

My view, 5 miles in.

Attachments

• IMG_0826.JPG
    IMG_0826.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 441
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back