How do you find a place to hunt?

Do you use kill photos to your advantage?

• Total voters
It's funny that some will go so far out of the way to try and "steal" someone's hard earned area. There are some people that won't even share photos anymore because they know some azzwipe will be hunting them down and following them. Believe me, I thought long and hard about even sharing my photos but know I enjoy looking at other peoples photos and would expect many would like to do the same.

When we were on our way back to up to Montana and stopped in Delta for a quick bite to eat, we saw at least 20+ People take pictures of my elk without even asking. One guy said he had followed us clear from Montrose to ask which unit it came from......Seriously, WTF??

Generally speaking, if you can actually recognise an exact hillside or drainage that someone is hunting by a photo, it means you have been there before.

I know in a hopeful world, most guys would try to earn it on their own instead of trying to overcome someone elses spot, but we always know there will be bottom feeders that are always looking for a handout.........

I have recognized areas in photos posted here before, and I still hunt some of them, but that is because I hunted them already. If I ever get taken to a hunting area that someone else brought me to, and I've never been there, thats their spot, public or not. I don't go back without them, or go with anyone else.
I hope you didn't take that wrong critter.

I'm far more worried about the "online name drop" than any one person figuring out my spots.
(Wow that's a great bull it looks like all of you're pics are of trout creek I hunt there to)

Who's connecting the Delta/Montrose dots.:D I research GMU's using the Internet by looking at posts, pictures, statistics, wildlife agency reports, and cold calls/PM's/emails. I have had some success with the personal contacts. After this research I think I have a pretty good feel for what an area will produce. I wouldn't try to find a specific drainage but I do take note of simularetes in Internet pictures. I am also very cautious about posting picks that have discernible landmarks, after all someone is always watching.

Unfortunately. I can count on one hand the number of guys that wouldn't either intentionally or not, stuff it in another guys ass over a good hunting spot. When it comes right down to it talk is cheap.

Unfortunately. I can count on one hand the number of guys that wouldn't either intentionally or not, stuff it in another guys ass over a good hunting spot. When it comes right down to it talk is cheap.

I don't know why, but Gunnery Sergeant Hartman's quote came to mind
I bet you're the kind of guy that would #*^@#* a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around.

P.S.
Some people want to be caught. Like a freaking sociopath....................

P1010178.jpg

P.S.
Some people want to be caught. Like a freaking sociopath....................

P1010178.jpg

Ah yes I forgot about this. Nothing like having a Colorado Co******** park behind you and hike into the same canyon as you when there is hundreds of other canyons to hunt.

At least they didn't come prepared to kill anything. They brought inferior weapons. Ha.

This thread appears to have headed south ;) With that said, my friends joke about how obsessed I am with scouting. Truth be told that 90% of my scouting occurrs when its below zero here in Minnesota and while I'm sitting at home on my laptop.

I'm not a big believer in chasing the last big buck picture or someone else's info. I try to get the best public land maps I can find and then begin my search by bing maps and google earth. I scout areas a minimum of a half mile off the road here in Minnesota and Wisconsin. In these area I focus on natural funnel points and potential food sources. Water isn't a big deal out here, but I did focus on water when scouting for Wyoming and that worked out pretty well :)!

Then I save the GPS locations for all the "high potential" areas and make a route to hit as many of these points as possible. Satellite imagery is the best thing to happen to scouting... ever!

I fill all my tags every year in Minnesota and Wisconsin when many of my friends are talking about not seeing an animal. If you find natural funnel points and good food sources a good distance off the road you will find critters!

So.
If we were all 21 years old and I put up a picture of me with a drunk slutty blonde chick and you recognized the bar. None of you would show up next Friday night?

RIGHT.....................................

Ah yes I forgot about this. Nothing like having a Colorado Co******** park behind you and hike into the same canyon as you when there is hundreds of other canyons to hunt.

At least they didn't come prepared to kill anything. They brought inferior weapons. Ha.

Teehee, rules is rules. I didn't make them.:D Step up and be a man:D

Are you on that list?:):)

I agree though, it sucks but hunting seems to bring out the worst in guys sometimes........

I am on that list. Have only once been even accused of it.. It was over a bear place in recent years & I seriously disagreed with the guy-a friend. How about you Matt? I have to find a new girl friend every fall so I can park an incognito vehicle in the canyon undetected from nutfleas looking for someplace to try hunting.

Generally speaking, if you can actually recognise an exact hillside or drainage that someone is hunting by a photo, it means you have been there before.

100% right.

I hunt in a few of the same places as some people on this forum. I know a few hunttalkers go there from their photos. I never would have been able guess where they were if I hadn't been there myself.

Wow awesome buck and superhot babe great storywriting very brutal conditions and you got er done need I say more you're the man this story belongs in Muley Crazy because buck is huge and nice photos and those folks are smart and can help you with the writing. Bennett Hills or southern border late rut hunt? Either way, you are the man! Are you Quiet_One's son?
Half ass attempt at name dropping.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back