Hornady interlock

Rooster52

What do think on these bullets ? Years ago it was all I would shoot.

Last edited:
They will do everything that bullets twice their price will do at normal distances. With the long range shooting rage that has hit the market in recent years they just don't have the glamorous BC of some of the other newer marketing hype bullets.

Have used them for years - tried others - have returned to them a number of times and just can't find anything to criticize them about. I just bought some more yesterday. If your shooting is inside 6-700 yds they will fly as straight as any and an animal won't know the difference. They are a tried and true bullet but just don't have the marketing hype.

Awesome performance on antelope and deer, season after season. I have never had a reason to look for another bullet. Just like my old Mathews Q2, there are prettier/faster bows out there, but the old Mathews flat gets it done every time. Never mess with success!

Just goes to show you that newer doesn't always mean better. Your tried and true stuff is tried and true for a reason.

Everything I've ever shot with an interlock has died pretty quickly and cleanly. For a lead bullet in a standard, non-whizzbang mag, they're tough to beat. My 30-06 dumps them into a 3/4" group all day long at 2800 fps.

I have used the 100 gr Hornady Interlock in my 243 for over 35 years on deer and antelope. It just makes the animal sick when they get hit. Seldom do they ever go over 50 yds. Killed an antelope with 1 shot at 419 yds. Don't tear up the meat either. Great bullet!!

There is another thread on this bullet on another forum. The interesting part, is that there is no bad feedback on the Interlocks. Very few bullet discussions can do that. There is usually someone that will complain about them.

I just bought a left-handed .308 Savage. I sighted it in with 150 Ils and then shot six shots all inside .65 inches at 200 yards. I shoot the 100s in a 6 mm at 3000 fps and have killed over 100 deer with it out to 400ish yards. I also shoot the 139s in a 7 mag and load them to 3100 fps. They are great on deer and antelope.

There are very few-if any-bullets that shoot as well in my rifles and they don't break the bank in the process. I love Nosler Partitions and use them for big stuff, but the Interlock will always be in on my shelf, too.

They are not that good.

I tagged a SC Axis Deer in Hawaii and a B&C Black Bear in AZ using Interlocks. 1st shot. Each DRT.

But, they don't cost enough to be of the Quality we need now a days to hunt with......

(I'm still going to hold true to my Nosler's though)

Last edited:
They are not that good.

I tagged a SC Axis Deer in Hawaii and a B&C Black Bear in AZ using Interlocks. 1st shot. Each DRT.

But, they don't cost enough to be of the Quality we need now a days to hunt with......

(I'm still going to hold true to my Nosler's though)

I'm not tracking here.....Sarcasm? What does cost have to do with effectiveness. I have switched to Hornady SST's from the Hornady interlock, but it was because of performance. Which was only slightly better but still better.

Yes, Turf, VA & Bawanna...

Rooster,

I was exclusively Hornady for a long time. They shoot better than me....until.

What I didn't say was that the shot on the Axis exploded the spatula, death by schrapnle.

The bear was at 45', death by shock.

That was back in the day, and it was acceptable.

Nosler had PT's back then, Period.

When they came out with their 'Solid Base' bullets I jumped on board and have never looked back.

I'm just an Old F@rt mouthing off, but that's just me.

Rooster,

What I didn't say was that the shot on the Axis exploded the spatula, death by schrapnle.

When they came out with their 'Solid Base' bullets I jumped on board and have never looked back.

Of course you are, but that's what we like about you!

Rooster,

Haha. Okay I'm pretty new here and was pretty sure it was sarcasm but if there was some info I was missing out on I wanted to know.

The factory loaded 139gr in 7-08 has always shot great out of my Remington model 7. I have probably killed more eastern whitetails with that rifle/round combo than all my other rifles and has never let me down or left me looking for something more effective.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back