PEAX Equipment

Holidays and in-laws

Penny wise pound foolish… “OMG why did you turn the heat up!” While also having bought 5 new vehicles in 10 years. 🙄
Can relate to this way too often. Can’t talk politics, religion, spending habits, or finances anymore. I’m better off to sit and smile at family events or go play with the kids than talk to adults anymore.

One of my buddies was going to pack up and move to Houston to be nearer his daughter. She told them not to as she was considering moving to New Mexico with new husband to be.

Mine quabble constantly, she tries to one up everything. He is never right according to her and she makes sure to publicly point it out even though she is dead wrong 95% of the time.

So he avoids her like the plague by taking a job as a tour buss driver. He is home only a few days a month. In turn she keeps the house is in shambles. She is lonely and tries way to hard to be part of the group when she is around other humans.

No one wants to be near them as they make it uncomfortable. None of us go to the house anymore. I haven’t been inside in over two years.

They are both good souls on their own and would give you their last dollar. I think they need to just get a divorce and go do what makes them happy.

This year we have had her down several times by herself and it seems to work out better. Although, I have to hide the ketchup and A1 sauce when I cook steaks.

I ended up with two completely different ends of the spectrum with sister in laws. One is amazing sweet, does things with or watch's our kids, good cook, good housekeeper all around great person. Her other sister is the worst no matter if it's family vacation, meal, or any get together she has to make it about her and if people refuse to pay attention she does something way over the top I I hu she truly believes in no such thing as bad publicity. Now she doesn't get invited to much of anything. She tried to throw a big fit about our beach vacation this year I invited her parents, sister my parents and brother tried to say it was unfair for her to be excluded. My response was it wasn't fair for me to pay for the whole rent house and then have to live with someone I couldn't stand for a week. We haven't talked sense that day.

Last edited:
My wife made it easy for me this year. She finally severed ties with her mother and step father.
My M.I.L. is narcissistic and they are both toxic, to where out of 6 children between them only 1 still talks to them.
Sad. They could enjoy their children and grandchildren, but have driven almost all of them out of their lives.

My wife has always been like a daughter to my parents, to the point that I’ve always said that if anything went down between the two of us then my family would take her side. She gets along well with my siblings, although she would definitely tell you that one of her siblings-in-law is beyond taxing.

Her family, on the other hand, is interesting, and she knows it. I will say that my MIL is as sweet and kind as can be. I won’t comment on the rest, as it would take a novel.

Heck, between my wife and I we have 3 good parents-in-law, some weird siblings-in-law, but even most of that is good since it’s infrequent and short durations. I guess that we can’t complain too much about the bad apples, even though we both have to take them in small doses. I will definitely say that my wife is worth having to deal with some difficult times with in-laws from time to time, and I hope that she’d say the same about me. God blessed me with a great woman

My wife’s family is awesome, my family is a bunch of loonies so I come by it honest.

Everything was smooth for my wife’s birthday today, then my own mother text her some awful stuff, then screenshots an out of context conversation and sends it to me like my wife and I weren’t sitting next to each other. I feel bad for my mom, for whatever reason there’s nothing in this planet that makes her happy other than causing a shitstorm.

I’m too old for shitstorms. You either be decent (other than maybe after a few drinks once in awhile) or pound sand. I’m the family asshole because I tell everyone exactly what I think. I’ve got enough family and friends, I’ll be pretty damn selective from here on out.

I honestly can’t imagine how cantankerous and insufferable I’ll be if I make it to 60.

I’m too old for shitstorms. You either be decent (other than maybe after a few drinks once in awhile) or pound sand. I’m the family asshole because I tell everyone exactly what I think. I’ve got enough family and friends, I’ll be pretty damn selective from here on out.
Same, my wife's family are nice people other then the 3,700lb scumbag SIL. My family is something else my parents are divorced so whenever we have kids parties it's like a prison yard lunch. Last year I laid it out that you can either get along and not make it awkward or you can stay home. Life is too short for that shit.

Same, my wife's family are nice people other then the 3,700lb scumbag SIL. My family is something else my parents are divorced so whenever we have kids parties it's like a prison yard lunch. Last year I laid it out that you can either get along and not make it awkward or you can stay home. Life is too short for that shit.
Yep, my parents got divorced when I was an adult and think it’s a good idea to bring it up to me 10 years after it’s been settled. I have the same response “I don’t give a rats ass, both of you are children, so move on or get remarried and hash it out some more.”

I told my wife a long time ago I’m not gonna let my parents wreck my kids’ events. So when they get pissed they arebt invited I just lay out their track record. “Mom: you accused your best friend of 20 years of stealing from you, by some figment of your imagination or 2nd personality. Dad: you got in a fistfight with grandpa (moms dad) on Christmas over the local Co-op”

That’s why you people aren’t allowed to be a part of civilized family matters. My dad used to laugh that instead of family reunions we had family rebellions. That was funny as a kid but just too damn exhausting as an adult.

The sad part is they don’t get it, they think that’s normal which is the main reason I keep my kids away.

In laws can be a true coin flip, this time around it came up heads for me and I’m very blessed to have a family of in-laws that can get together over a meal or event, enjoy each other’s company, and actually carry on a meaningful conversation.

The first time around the coin landed on its edge and rolled into the heating duct never took be seen again! That wife (the Ex) was the youngest of ten kids and the whole family (sans the old man whom I got along with famously) was crazier than a pack of shit house rats. He was an old school Montanan from Darby and a great guy, would spend about half our conversations just looking around and shaking his head.

I guess I lucked out. I got divorced somewhere around 16 or 17 years ago, can’t even remember. My former in-laws I now call my out-laws and we get along great. So great I would stay with them on vacation in Palm Springs. They recently moved back to be around great grand children and I will dearly miss walking out on their patio in my bare feet and feeling warm in the winter down there. I can now throw a baseball and hit their house from mine. I spent Christmas Eve and part of Christmas Day with them and even my Ex was there. Usually have dinner at least once a week and drinks more often than that. It could’ve been worse but don’t think life could get any better. At Thanksgiving their family tradition is to go around the table and say what you’re thankful for. When it got to me I said I was thankfully divorced…everyone laughed pretty hard, even the ex!!

Wife is an only child so it's just her parents for in-laws. Her dad is a POS and stopped talking to us shortly after the holidays last year. Shortly after that he got abusive with her mother who then moved in with us for a while. They went out of country for the month of December this year so it made holidays pretty easy on me as far as in-laws go.

Funny Story about why FIL stopped talking to us:
He bought a 40 acre parcel in Elko county, NV via an online auction and didn't tell his wife. He told me in confidence before anyone else. He didn't know anything about this land, what access to it was like, what could/couldn't be done on adjacent Government land (BLM, which he wasn't familiar with, kept calling it BML after I told him the public land was BLM), etc. I told my wife but about a month later my FIL also told my wife. 5 or 6 months passed and MIL told us they were going on a road trip to SLC and Elko, NV because her husband "always wanted to explore" the area. They drove their ford fusion. We got the trip story last Christmas, how they went down this terrible path that the fusion couldn't successfully pass, and FIL never told MIL that his real intention was to surprise her with the 40 acres of desert they own (and can't really do anything with).

So about a month after xmas my wife told her mom that her husband bought 40 acres near where they almost got the car stuck in the desert. Her dad stopped talking to her.

Last edited:
Wife is an only child so it's just her parents for in-laws. Her dad is a POS and stopped talking to us shortly after the holidays last year. Shortly after that he got abusive with her mother who then moved in with us for a while. They went out of country for the month of December this year so it made holidays pretty easy on me as far as in-laws go.

Funny Story about why FIL stopped talking to us:
He bought a 40 acre parcel in Elko county, NV via an online auction and didn't tell his wife. He told me in confidence before anyone else. He didn't know anything about this land, what access to it was like, what could/couldn't be done on adjacent Government land (BLM, which he wasn't familiar with, kept calling it BML after I told him the govt land was BLM), etc. I told my wife but about a month later my FIL also told my wife. 5 or 6 months passed and MIL told us they were going on a road trip to SLC and Elko, NV because her husband "always wanted to explore" the area. They drove their ford fusion. We got the trip story last Christmas, how they went down this terrible path that the fusion couldn't successfully pass, and FIL never told MIL that his real intention was to surprise her with the 40 acres of desert they own (and can't really do anything with).

So about a month after xmas my wife told her mom that her husband bought 40 acres near where they almost got the car stuck in the desert. Her dad stopped talking to her.
Tell him I'll give him $500 for the 40

wtf is wrong with everyone lol

My parents are fine. Although a bit off their rocker at this stage. But they took great care of my sister and I. My wife was not cared for at all, her parents suck. Her other family whom adopted her as a teenager are wonderful people, always enjoy spending time with those loonie toons.

We do the Facebook portal thing over the holidays, I highly recommend it.

My wife and I just keep to ourselves and dont get involved in family drama. Its quite nice maintaining boundaries from the sides of the family that is trash. My kids dont know any better they only see the loving parts as of now. In the future we will have that conversation of what life for mom was really like. But I would rather maintain there innocence until they are ready for that conversation.

My Dads siblings though, my god..... Small town Catholics are in a wacko league of their own. SO much fun to watch that clusterF#$@.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back