Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Help

I'm obsessed with goats

The sickness never goes away. Sorry. When you posted up the pictures of the billies you scouted up, I immediately started scheming how I could rearrange my fall schedule, wrangle an invitation to video, anything to get into goat country again.

You'll be going on more goat hunts than your own even if you never hold a tag again. The only temporary relief is looking at pics of goats and goat country. Got any?

Attachments

• Rick's goat hunt 021.jpg
    Rick's goat hunt 021.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 2,140
  • Copy (4) of Delberts 2010 Goat 033.jpg
    Copy (4) of Delberts 2010 Goat 033.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 2,132
SS, I agree. This has been one of the best hunting experiences I've had to date. I've been on a few goat hunts, but having a permit myself, and the time to spend in my own backyard has been just awesome. Tomorrow will be my 19th full day scouting - I expect I'll get to about 25 days in there before I actually try to go after one. Here's a few pictures of my summer trips, the tame goat photos are from the Bridger Mtns, however. All the others are from my unit.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3581983787234.2139410.1202394403&type=1&l=79fed8c72f

I'm sure there is a support group you can go to that will help you with your addiction.

Some great pictures...I've no doubt you'll shoot a great goat.

You've probably already spent more time scouting than most people do hunting them by a 3-1 margin.

When I had my tag in 1998 I only spent 3 days scouting and 15 days hunting.

You've probably already spent more time scouting than most people do hunting them by a 3-1 margin.

I mentioned the same thing to him earlier. Knowing much of that country I can almost guarantee he has covered more already than the other 4 tag holders will the rest of the year. That's a recipe for success that most of us just don't ever quite attain.

Theme of the day is "don't be a pussy" I won't do that if/when the snow gets deep.

The point is you won't have too because you've done the homework to locate the general area of some big ones. Hopefully they stay put and don't move on you.

Let's turn this into an intervention.

What else are you obsessed with Greenhorn? ? ? ?

Gerald, your pic with your goat looks remarkably like Rock Lake. Am I correct? Plus, can someone post a pic of my goat that I got back from Bob Maier Taxidermy yesterday? MTG

Last edited:
Is that the pack that is in develpment that is supposed to be similar to the longhorn?
Amazing pics, truly jealous here!

can someone post a pic of my goat that I got back from Bob Maier Taxidermy yesterday? MTG

Here you go MTgunner. Nice goat!

Attachments

• Alaska 2012 266.jpg
    Alaska 2012 266.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,967
  • October 2011 goat Tom Myers 007.jpg
    October 2011 goat Tom Myers 007.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 2,046
Thank you Gerald for your help. To all who are inspired to hunt mtn. goat I say don't wait too long. The caption for my pictures should be "no air for old men". This has been a true adventure that has provided many memories that I will share with my grandson. Go for it! MTG

Goats are crack.

Here are a few thin horns I bumped into while fishing this week. I might have gotten run over if it hadn't been for GuNR sitting up and spooking them out of there.

40-1.jpg

39.jpg

38-2.jpg

35.jpg

Actually, here is a little billy for you.;)

31-1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back