MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Helicopter Landing in the Bob Marshall Wilderness

Wow, what a list. The majority unenforceable. Calls for yanking Sara's pilot's license, but Sam is the only one of the two that is rotorcraft rated according to an FAA search I did a couple days ago.

I heard about this on the radio this morning and started searching the web. They are probably lucky it was two good natured “horsemen” who had the conversation with them about landing in the wilderness area, they could have gotten the butts kicked or been hiking out with a non-functional helicopter in a wilderness area.
Every helicopter whether a Robison 22, 44, Jet Ranger, Long Ranger, all have nice gps systems that show where you are at. I know it’s not very Christian but I’d like to beat the hell out of people sometimes. Preston

That petition looks like something Chuck Rhoades would try to make Bobby Axlerod plea to.
Years ago, had to download the Ken-saurus / dictionary app to keep up with all your fancy word usage. Now... I've found myself bouncing around google search to learn a bit about, "Billions".

... Wendy Rhoades pic made my search worth it's time.

Years ago, had to download the Ken-saurus / dictionary app to keep up with all your fancy word usage. Now... I've found myself bouncing around google search to learn a bit about, "Billions".

... Wendy Rhoades pic made my search worth it's time.

Are you saying Wendy Rhoades can fly in and fish in your river? Sell out

False. Aircraft have an exemption for Forest service lands in the CFR. Designated wilderness is where aircraft do not have an exemption. Unless someone can find something outside of the CFR to cite.

I do think they were knowingly or willfully ignorant in violation though.

You may know more about this topic than I do but this seems clear enough.

Onx is listed as one of their portfolio investments. The husband is founder of the firm.

I'm pretty damn sure they both have an onx app on their phone. Not acceptable.

Cracks me up beyond belief - in that article hes quoted saying:

"“We briefly stopped ... in a location we believed to be outside the wilderness boundary. We made a mistake understanding our surroundings and we sincerely apologize,”

They also partly own onX? and a GPS on the helicopter? There is no amount of naivety that can cover that lack of judgement. I hope they throw the book at them

You guys are too hard nosed about a minor federal violation.

I say if they airlift the Bundy clan into the middle of the Bob and they walk out while wearing only bacon kilts, all will be forgiven all around.

#trialbyordeal

You may know more about this topic than I do but this seems clear enough.

36 cfr 261.13 for national forest exempts aircraft... Unless the specific land management plan prohibits the use. The aim isnt the CFR. That section also doesn't differentiate between the three agencies listed. It's a good practice to follow the aim unless you have your ducks in a row. Clear as mud

36 cfr 261.13 for national forest exempts aircraft... Unless the specific land management plan prohibits the use. The aim isnt the CFR. That section also doesn't differentiate between the three agencies listed. It's a good practice to follow the aim unless you have your ducks in a row. Clear as mud

Somebody’s got some ‘splainin’ to do Lucy.

Update: "A Bozeman man who landed a helicopter in the Bob Marshall Wilderness in May has paid the maximum $500 fine, U.S. Attorney Kurt Alme said today.

Samuel L. Schwerin, 48, of Bozeman, received the notice for the violation, a federal misdemeanor, after landing a helicopter on the South Fork of the Flathead River in the Bob Marshall Wilderness on May 16."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back