Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Bulls in the long grass..

awesome post and i see one of our flightless kiwis made it over the ditch

Yes old mate comes over whenever we can to hunt with us, he did very well on the hunt and took an excellent bull buffalo with his bow, his main aim for the trip. He is a good keen hunter in the bush and is always putting arrows into game.

Great write-up! Thanks for sharing. I always look forward to your posts and this one doesn't disappoint.

Amazing hunt and photos! Those buffalo of yours have always been intriguing to me, even more so after this great adventure of yours. Thanks for sharing.

That looks like on heck of a time.. I've always heard that the scrub bulls are more aggressive / dangerous than the buffalo - any truth to that?

Also, is there any croc hunting allowed in Australia? I know guys shoot them in Africa, but never heard of an Australian croc hunt.

That looks like on heck of a time.. I've always heard that the scrub bulls are more aggressive / dangerous than the buffalo - any truth to that?

Also, is there any croc hunting allowed in Australia? I know guys shoot them in Africa, but never heard of an Australian croc hunt.

Both can be quite dangerous and unpredictable. We did have a couple of close calls with the buff, but i will say the scrub bulls seem to have more spunk about them, especially when cornered or wounded, and probably pose more of a threat to the hunter.

No croc hunting allowed, but the people up north do want to try to introduce some form of croc management/control, they are literally everywhere up there. Of course the local greenies see no need for any form of population control.

That is really cool! Love the pictures and narrative!

Curious - for that pup you chased down, did you end up letting him go? Or did you give him to a local?

We let him go, he was very lucky, most of them get shot on sight when on the station country. They can make nice pets though.

That looks like a wild and incredible trip.

I really like your brand of footwear in the photo where you're admiring the last bull.

Hardcore.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back