Great Social Media posts?

Liver King is a good type specimen for the narcissism of social media.

Can't just be a guy who hunts for meat, have to be a guy who KILLS wild BEASTS that he also appreciates and loves in a spiritual way... bro.

Can't just do something because he likes it, no,
it has to be a cure for the DEPRESSION that is modern society.

Like my life was all bitter and shitty but then I grew a beard and got an Instagram, and killed a cow elk on private, now I am a DEMIGOD.

Sometimes I think our collective suffering stems from taking ourselves entirely too seriously. But hey I'm not the Liver King, I'm just a guy stuffing whitetail burger into Old El Paso Taco shells...
I don't think HuntTalk does a year in review but if they did this post is EASILY only top 5 favorite 😂

Just imagine if some HT members grew up in the Instagram era.

"CanadianHunter harvested a BEAST kudo running at 300 yards with an offhand headshot. CanadianHunter connected with his PRIMAL and ANCESTRAL nature walking 100 YARDS from the jeep."
This man is awful devoid of body hair for having a full beard. Not much “primal” about that.

#primal #ancestralliving #caveman #nair

This man is awful devoid of body hair for having a full beard. Not much “primal” about that.

#primal #ancestralliving #caveman #nair
I'm not sure what's creepier: The fact that he is void of body hair, the fact that you noticed he was void of body hair or the fact that after I noticed you had noticed he was void of body hair I had to go back to the picture to confirm it.

Badge of honor.... for sure. mtmuley

I guess I’ll wear it, gal had never shot over a few hundred yards, we talked npoa, trigger control, breathing, took a few dry fires, made sure the rifle was level, I dialed it and she put a 1470 yard hit on a doe that went 80-100 yards and piled up. She tagged it, skined it and I’m sure they will eat it.. whatever.. it was fun. I’d do it again.. still no deer wounded..

Last edited:
I guess I’ll wear it, gal had never shot over a few hundred yards, we talked npoa, trigger control, breathing, took a few dry fires, made sure the rifle was level, I dialed it and she put a 1470 yard hit on a doe that went 80-100 yards and piled up. She tagged it, skined it and I’m sure they will eat it.. whatever.. it was fun. I’d do it again.. still no deer wounded..
I've shot enough steel to have made the assessment shooting game that far away is a bad idea. Whatever makes you feel good I guess. mtmuley

I won’t judge but I will state an absolute fact that statement is only “a matter of time” with those kinds of shots..

I haven’t stopped duck hunting because sometimes I gotta go ring ones neck, I haven’t stopped archery elk hunting even though the grand total of all the animals I have ever witnessed or participated in finding “lost” “wounded” “not recovered” were shot with bows inside 40 yards. I think leg traps are kinda f’ed up, wouldn’t shoot a bear or a deer over a bait pile and call it a hunt, probably wouldn’t do it at all, wouldn’t drive a boat up on a herd of swimming caribou or go whack geese that can’t fly in the heads with sticks, but I might if I was hungry. Whatever, people feel differently about different things, my thoughts on the subject (and others) have been different at different times and may change again. I’ve seen a lot of animals wounded by people who thought they were good to 300/400, not uncommon for me or someone hunting with me to put a tag on something cleaning up someone else’s bad shot or even something hit by a car. whatever, is what it is, I’m sure they were intending to kill it when they shot at it just like us. Statistical fact, the vast majority, nearly everything we shoot is under 600 and more commonly 2-400, and 100% of those animals were recovered. Hundreds of animals.. along with the very few shot further for whatever reason.

I've shot enough steel to have made the assessment shooting game that far away is a bad idea. Whatever makes you feel good I guess. mtmuley

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion, not my place to judge yours. I do feel good about it, I like to build rifles, put together loads, tinker with powders, bullets, components, calibers etc, etc. Spend thousands of dollars a year doing it, far more than I did when owned one rifle that one green and yellow box lasted 5 seasons. I encourage anyone interested to do the same, we should all better ourselves as marksmen and get the best from our equipment. Think how much P&R money has been brought in from all these fancy wiz bang rifles and ammo. If that’s what gets a certain demographic of people interested in hunting, so be it. It was absolutely interesting to see how a 156 gr Berger hybrid performed on a mule deer at 1300 FPS, pretty much like a accubond or solid copper at 200 in my experience..

I see you edited out the part where you could have gotten a closer shot. Why?

Goes without saying, not relevant to her hunt, the hosts gal wanted to shoot one , we made it happen.

Last edited:
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back