Yeti GOBOX Collection

Gravy Train Through High Cotton

Not even @Ben Lamb could deny me accolades if there had been video of that 1 AM crossing.

0xb9u2yylctvnOYxhMcqo-ul3ZUYupiMEBT8v0c6MI5RIc6kJZkyXvscuA62c8WP79NCOTUZoIc0EYFijn4mBd-27dMbNsyZJ9NjFvK_ksIOVrG9S6Pd3qBWLiZi1kxDQjA4yu-tzRfdHTi5ugNTHO3hQrASbOJZIqsQH7JWeDSFh0hteZcZcqNOZhRhn7mzEOvqJA0CXat6ZQ6qdUlzpBVHpbIP0IYMeWdMrN13EznB0zD_Uz6jVc_vtxYUJCr6ogqf1BKzatmviyW-Vs62GHb81wkoIoAZdmbTiaNd6Y4-CRI1i5bPLPq24QknQmrzM-EXjVqgzrSrHLaTxIwE4_anxRD3NAcSlnW-WZZiDh9MQya9nd5cAEDlc1eSjDa5i8fXNQ0RLIs2jpv9oOeJmg5q5XibozYINwf09lCzj1oUjZxKjCN11hobBWC1FugLCwf7PoaJCbD0Xkh0jR3QB3Hm1r0P9-dmmvWHdMNTUAHylRAvFY1MV9ca9X51F7qd_LQ1OuZBUHumJycCU3zcx7LNqINp466TVvsAh_7iPGtgYy9CnpbRWn4CPIWv3AJyR-ZL9G6myUcvn7L6LkItyafKTG5QuvGK5yCpDGNAVp0Eg2W_tEc9N4rnKeJ5hLENWdiqVTA7_tZ9KtEJ7jNQCElsvz8GbfQMguzAOnze131b64-A64MYjOJO19pQrSZFQ861oD4gf9NFM7J41lseDL3p4yvQWO4GU2hAwL8UJ8fOaVKSMy41QpHE0kfUMoQ_DkwVWlwpqUXTcOWFb6KEsvIOvVEOcWkri29iCMvsfpwTHmTJMn49f0yaWVhdYJ2oYksw9opo4aIYKDIdysahmJsa5W8APRnp1RbUqNLoMHR-6FnrOcRI26nFNcohnNVr_pFmujwuNrecr_LBTz_1p02nv-Yu11Pdzdyb_mcvTJp30bT2lBo1pBs0bEBGaLOrRX_F-xY-65zIhePDQ3I=w507-h573-no

The judges have made their decision.

@thecrittergitter wins 3/4 of the points for showing in a sheep thread.

@Gerald Martin gets a back rub from @Mthuntr along with some tender whisperings of wind, shot placement & direction to shoot again

The judges further award a signed copy of the Proclaimer's 1988 Smash Hit - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles), but it's a cassingle, and it's signed by the remaining members of Wham!UK.

And a heckuva round of congrats for a job well done by all involved. You have a blessed life Gerald - friends, family and some fantastic memories. Well done & well deserved!

@Gerald Martin gets a back rub from @Mthuntr along with some tender whisperings of wind, shot placement & direction to shoot again

The judges further award a signed copy of the Proclaimer's 1988 Smash Hit - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles), but it's a cassingle, and it's signed by the remaining members of Wham!UK.

And a heckuva round of congrats for a job well done by all involved. You have a blessed life Gerald - friends, family and some fantastic memories. Well done & well deserved!
And with this benediction, the storied history of Gerald's ram has been duly recorded in the anals of Hunttalk's Big 3 forever.

I wasn’t even sure my login would work:). This whole thing almost makes me want to do my sheep hunt story since I dropped the ball on mine:)

The gravy train isn’t quite over even though I am not riding it anymore. My youngest son drew a mule deer permit for a pretty good area. We’ll be heading up to his unit to try and find him a deer this weekend. If we can make that happen the rest of the season will be dedicated to finding his brother an elk or a buck. I think the forkies are probably safe from me this year .😄

Although, I would welcome the chance to drink a cup of coffee and peruse your shed collection!

Yesterday proved the veracity of several quotes from the collective book of
colloquial wisdom.

“Better lucky than good.”
“Even a blind hog finds and acorn every now and then.”

My son Gareth drew a youth permit for an area that dedicates half of the available permits to youths 15 years of age and younger.I have been applying him for it since he became eligible. He finally drew the last year he was eligible.

When we pulled off the interstate the thermometer read -16. We drove around for an hour or so trying to find a likely spot to hike in to.

The temperature had risen to -4 when we left the truck and began hiking in @ 10” of snow.
We covered @ 3 miles through the day. Deer were on their feet and visible most of the day. We saw lots of does and he passed on opportunities to shoot or stalk several small bucks.

We hiked back to the truck and began driving out while discussing whether we wanted to get a motel room and hunt the following day. That conversation took a dramatic and abrupt stop as I spotted a couple of does feeding close to the road in the waning light. This buck came squirting out of the thick juniper hot on the tail of another doe.

Not how we expected this hunt to turn out but we’ll take it. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😄65394995-DE4C-42F5-833F-F4E5939D7572.jpeg758AEE9A-39B5-43DC-A8BA-552F19CEC58E.jpegB5E9DC24-9C0D-4166-970E-22C5C820C49B.jpegBD599DA1-89B3-4352-ABB1-BB23DEEB9FF1.jpeg

colloquial wisdom.

My son Gareth drew a youth permit for an area that dedicates half of the available permits to youths 15 years of age and younger.I have been applying him for it since he became eligible. He finally drew the last year he was eligible.

When we pulled off the interstate the thermometer read -16. We drove around for an hour or so trying to find a likely spot to hike in to.

The temperature had risen to -4 when we left the truck and began hiking in @ 10” of snow.
We covered @ 3 miles through the day. Deer were on their feet and visible most of the day. We saw lots of does and he passed on opportunities to shoot or stalk several small bucks.

We hiked back to the truck and began driving out while discussing whether we wanted to get a motel room and hunt the following day. That conversation took a dramatic and abrupt stop as I spotted a couple of does feeding close to the road in the waning light. This buck came squirting out of the thick juniper hot on the tail of another doe.

Not how we expected this hunt to turn out but we’ll take it. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😄View attachment 249921View attachment 249922View attachment 249923View attachment 249924
Awesome
Congratulations

colloquial wisdom.

Not how we expected this hunt to turn out but we’ll take it. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😄View attachment 249921View attachment 249922View attachment 249923View attachment 249924
Beautiful buck. Congrats to the young man

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back