PEAX Equipment

Got "THE" Mount back

Duck-Slayer

I waited and waited, and I now I have THE mount back of my big velvet archery mule deer I shot here in Idaho, I should wait a day too post this because i'm finally getting around too having it officially scored tomorrow if our schedule's work out too meet him, I chose the position because this is how he was when I shot him, he caught me putting my range finder down, luckily he stood there for a few seconds and I slowly got my range finder down and drew my bow with hardly any movement and smoked him at 57 yards, well anyway the story will be out shortly in Western Hunter Magazine, here are a few pictures, I made the pedestal myself too save a little $, made for under a $90 the most expensive part was the old used wood, should go around 207" non-typical,
Matt

IMG_1607_zpsxl6atgf8.jpg

with my wife's deer,
IMG_1619_zps7gdm5c9d.jpg

here's both, the problem was that it took up too much space with both,
IMG_1667_zpspzcyp3w9.jpg

at the taxidermist's (Bennett's Taxidermy) Nampa, Idaho
IMG_1543_zps3neiyrpe.jpg

almost finished,
IMG_1674_zpsjanknq1r.jpg

Link too Live hunt thread:
http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=260070&page=4

Last edited:
Good Lord that's an incredible deer. I love the pedestal mount.

Sweet. Awesome!!!

I'm curious about how they score that thing. Is he missing his G3s on both sides with the other points in between being extra points? Anyone like Antlerradar care to explain?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D for you, I know you like those big chomper smileys.

Nice work on the pedestal, saved some coin I'm sure...plus gives it a personal touch.

What a nice deer Matt (understatement of the year). Congratulations to you and very good job on the base.
Looking forward to checking out the story in WH.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chughes
Back