Got my 2019 Elk back - Guess the score

GearJunky

I got my mount back earlier this week. Very happy with the work that Tru-Life Taxidermy in Laurel, MT did. Here are some pictures to show it off, and for fun - Let's play, guess the score. I will post up the official measurements after some guess have been submitted.

A couple of other interesting tidbits - This bull has an odd blonde streak on his face. The taxidermist believes it is an old scar that healed up and the hair color never returned, said he had never seen anything like it in is 20+ years. Also, his cape was full of old shotgun pellets. Being a public land elk, I would guess endless ideas as to how he ended up with pellets in his hide!!

Attachments

• IMG_9253.jpeg
    IMG_9253.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 286
  • IMG_9255.jpeg
    IMG_9255.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 283
  • IMG_9256.jpeg
    IMG_9256.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 278
  • IMG_9258.jpeg
    IMG_9258.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 272
Somewhere south of tree-fiddy....beautiful bull/mount. Is that your office reception area?

It's was my first archery bull - Guesses are trending low... for perspective, his spread credit is 40 6/8" and his left beam (longest beam) is 52 2/8"

I have no idea how to score elk on the hoof, and after getting this bull, I really realized I have no idea at all how to guess the score of an elk - Hence the fun little game for today, wanted to see how all of you can do.

Reactions: LCH
Back