Yeti GOBOX Collection

My 2012 Wyoming Pronghorn

Beautiful goat, I would be thrilled with one that size. I will also be taking the 7mm shooting 120 gr. when we arrive the 30th. What was your setup? I guess I'll go ahead and ask. . . .what unit were you hunting? again great goat and nice story too.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I'm shooting 150 grain E-tips this trip, figured they would be good and flat for long range antelope shooting but hard enough for elk too. Didn't end up needing to make a long range shot on an antelope, but still nice to have that option. It is amazing how much damage a bullet can do on the entry point. His right side shoulder had about a nickel sized entry wound through the skin, but after impacting the shoulder it looked like a baseball went through there. The exit was about the size of a quarter just in front of the left hindquarter, so the bullet did exactly what it was supposed to do, just blew up some bone right there at the start when it hit that shoulder.

Got him cut up and in the freezer, I've cut up 4 elk since the last time I butchered an antelope, not near as much work to butcher an antelope!

With a couple days to think about it, I'm even happier with him than when I pulled the trigger.

Not passing on any legal bulls when it comes to my elk hunt though!

Thanks.

Here's a picture of my antelope that I shot in Montana back in 2007 next to the one I shot this year.

antelope_comparision.jpg

When you get them right next to each other it really shows that this years was a pretty good buck because I actually was pretty happy with the one I shot in 2007.

And here's his jawbone showing his toothwear. Taxidermist said 6 or 7 years old, I'll just go with at least 5 years old. For sure a mature buck.

antelope_jawbone.jpg

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back