Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Good Luck, Big Fin

Oak

Expert
I see you are going to be spending tax day in DC, which must be a change. Best of luck, and thanks for representing all of us who can't be there.

+1 Oak! What a difference in being at the NRA Convention in Nashville and then going right up to the hallowed halls to listen to whatever the big boys will be spewing this week!

I see you are going to be spending tax day in DC, which must be a change. Best of luck, and thanks for representing all of us who can't be there.

Yeah, two days of getting beat up by Congress, both in the House hearing and in individual meetings with delegates before the hearing. Since the "Transfer" crowd has received a serious beat down out here in western legislatures the last four months, they have taken their check books and found some very sympathetic folks in DC.

In addition to "Transfer," there is the critical issue of LWCF reauthorization. This program needs to be renewed by September, or it is probably going the way of the IBM Selectric typewriter. Unfortunately, many members of this committee, and others in Congress, are happy to "Deep Six" LWCF

Equally disappointing is that some in Congress are pushing the "Transfer" idea at the national level, under the premise that if the Feds decided to Transfer to the States, it would not have any of the Constitutional challenges that would arise of States trying to force the Feds to hand over the lands.

Thanks for the support. I will give a report upon my return.

Randy,

I don't know, I think it could be the other way around, maybe those in the House hearing should adjust their seat belts.

I've not known you to take much of a beating from anyone on those two issues and I'm very appreciative that you're going to be there to represent Sportsmen/women.

All I know is that I'm tired of hunters and anglers leaning so hard on just a handful of people that are very actively engaged.

Another round of emails and phone calls in support of the LWCF and opposing this half-baked idea of transferring federal lands to the state is in order.

We need to keep up the pressure on those that (mis) represent their constituents in regard to our wildlife, public lands, and outdoor heritage.

Upon your return I highly recommend Lava Soap, some 0000 steel wool and some ice cold headwaters; lather, rinse, lather, rinse again. Repeat as necessary. Remember, 100' from any trail, lake or stream. :p

Upon your return I highly recommend Lava Soap, some 0000 steel wool and some ice cold headwaters; lather, rinse, lather, rinse again. Repeat as necessary. Remember, 100' from any trail, lake or stream. :p

I'm pretty sure Randy has an all body condom.

Glad your moving up to the majors, leaving the rest of us to play in the minors.:W:

Randy-you continue to amaze me with the effort you put forth for sportsmen across the country. I hope your just reward is a 390+ class bull this fall!!
Vito

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back