Caribou Gear Tarp

Gonna try it!!

SFC B

My hunting partner has talked me into giving a RFW pronghorn doe tag a shot this year should be. I am always up to try new hunting. What are your "jumping off points" for prongies?

The Antelope questions come up every year. When I lived in Utah I almost paid $1500 for an antelope hunt. I now live in Wyoming and can honestly say there is no reason to pay anymore than the tag price for a lope hunt. It is a fun DIY hunt that anybody can do with a little research. I would not pay for a RFW doe tag. I would simply buy a leftover tag and hunt. JMO.

Whether a buck tag or doe tag, an antelope hunt is quite possibly the most fun you will have all season. mtmuley

4 Does for about $165 in WY. A no brainer for me. Judging weight on the hoof, rather than horn length makes it interesting.

Just don't look at it as price per pound. Although it is the tastiest meat there is. mtmuley

You guys hit the nail on the head and I also think it's great meat IF taken care of properly and immediately after the kill!

The tag for me is only $34....that is cheap no matter how you slice it. The ranch I put in for has a current success rate of 87% on does and it took zero points last year for a doe. The buck points on the other hand are sitting at about 14. This is a good deal from where I sit :) I think I might get the hide tanned.....

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back