Yeti GOBOX Collection

Glasgow, America

Jesus man, when'd I kick your puppy?

No wonder our crew got four weeks worth of work done in eight days up there. Hospitality like no other.

I think Nemont has ingested a few too many mercury-laced walleye

I think Nemont has ingested a few too many mercury-laced walleye

Yeah, I am sure that is the problem. Couldn't be a guys who have never been around here talking smack about the place. I would take Glasgow over almost anywhere else I have lived as far as place that is a community.

I am as friendly as the next guy but have listened to the people from the west bad mouth the East enough that I don't take it any more. When I get the question about how I can live in Glasgow from people from the west side my standard answer is becasue people like you don't live here.

I traveled to Missoula at least once a month for 11 years. Lots to do there, lots of great places to eat and some great people. I never started my conversations with, "You guys sure have alot of hairy legged tofu eating trustafarians around here, how do you stand it". You guys started on here bad mouthing the place, . so if you think it is mercury that caused my attitude you may be right, I think it is more from having to listen to people who simply think they are superior due to where they live.

Nemont

Last edited:
I would have a boat lined up if I was going there... sounds like a kick ass fishery

Yeah, I am sure that is the problem. Couldn't be a guys who have never been around here talking smack about the place. I would take Glasgow over almost anywhere else I have lived as far as place that is a community.

I am as friendly as the next guy but have listened to the people from the west bad mouth the East enough that I don't take it any more. When I get the question about how I can live in Glasgow from people from the west side my standard answer is becasue people like you don't live here.

I traveled to Missoula at least once a month for 11 years. Lots to do there, lots of great places to eat and some great people. I never started my conversations with, "You guys sure have alot of hairy legged tofu eating trustafarians around here, how do you stand it". You guys started on here bad mouthing the place, . so if you think it is mercury that caused my attitude you may be right, I think it is more from having to listen to people who simply think they are superior due to where they live.

Nemont

Maybe you should re-read the thread? You're the only one talking smack. Its funny that you whine about people badmouthing your town...then you turn right around and do it to them. And it also sounds like you believe you're superior because of where you live.

You need to lighten up a bit.

I've met a few people since I got here. I don't think you're "as friendly as the next guy"

Who cares what someone says about where you live? Does it justify acting like an ass?

I've been to Glasgow on several occasions, and strongly considered moving there. Just about everyone I've met and talked to there was very friendly. Nothing like hitting the Dairy Queen after seven days of chasing elk around the breaks.

I've lived in MT my entire life and have lived and worked east and west. I have family and friends scattered in all directions across the state and this is the first I've ever heard of any animosity. I figure attitudes like that are imported.

Well this "west" side boy is heading out east for some fishing with some eastern friends for the weekend. Hope I don't get lynched. :hump:

Maybe you should re-read the thread? You're the only one talking smack. Its funny that you whine about people badmouthing your town...then you turn right around and do it to them. And it also sounds like you believe you're superior because of where you live.

You need to lighten up a bit.

I've met a few people since I got here. I don't think you're "as friendly as the next guy"

You are right. Everything is perfect in Missoula and Glasgow is just a boring ass town.

I am a friendly guy who hosts a ton of people every year for not just hunting but camping and boating and fishing. Many of them from around Missoula, don't think it is that I am unfriendly.

I hated Missoula so much that I will send at least two of my kids there for their higher education.

If you want to meet in person over a beer I will buy, I bet we agree on more than what we disagree on.

Nemont

You are right. Everything is perfect in Missoula and Glasgow is just a boring ass town.

I am a friendly guy who hosts a ton of people every year for not just hunting but camping and boating and fishing. Many of them from around Missoula, don't think it is that I am unfriendly.

I hated Missoula so much that I will send at least two of my kids there for their higher education.

If you want to meet in person over a beer I will buy, I bet we agree on more than what we disagree on.

Nemont

I can vouch for Nemont's good nature. I sat in his office one day and BS'd about hunting around Glasgow and he sent me in the direction of some good Block Management areas. I was an out of towner working off and on in Valley county for almost 2 years on a contract with the county. The generosity of a local sure helped me have a lot more fun when I was 7 hours from home for weeks at a time.

Jeff if I ever make it back up that way, cold ones are on me and maybe we can get a hunt in.

Went to Stockman's on my way through town, was planning on relaxing and having a beer before hitting a long road trip.........

Shot it with some locals, didn't spend a dime, and ended up having to sleep in my truck in -30 degree weather. Next day's trip to Big Sky was probably the worst I have ever had on the road....

Only 12 hours I have ever spent in Glasgow were pretty fun.... I think.

GLASGOW- A drive-by shooting in Glasgow sent a West Virginia hitchhiker to the hospital. The man suffered non-life threatening injuries after being shot in the arm, by a man he did not know.

The incident happened around 6 p.m. Saturday night at a historical marker west of Glasgow on U.S. Highway 2.

Valley County authorities say 52-year-old Charles Lloyd Danielson III, pulled up along side 39-year-old Raymond Dolin of West Virginia and shot him. Danielson left the scene in a maroon pickup.

Authorities say Dolin sustained a single gunshot wound in the arm, but was able to flag down help and was then transported to the hospital in Glasgow. Danielson was later found and arrested east of Glasgow in Culbertson.

Valley County Sheriff Glenn Myer says the incident is strange considering the two didn't know each other,

"It appears to be an absolute random event. They did not know each other. They did not have a confrontation. He just drove up there and shot him. We're unclear as to why."

Danielson is being held on the suspicion of felony assault with a weapon and driving under the influence. He will be transported back to Glasgow on Monday.

As for Dolin, he was hitchhiking across the country while writing his memoirs titled, "The Kindness of America."

The shooting remains under investigation.

Not all locals are friendly to out of staters (or hitchhikers). The funny part is the the title of the hitchhiker's memoirs.."The Kindness of America". He may have to leave this chapter out...

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back